Should I buy xbox 1 or ps4 for my boys?
Posted: 16 November 2013 01:51 PM
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1356
Joined  2009-03-08

I don’t know much about gaming consoles so I was thinking you guys might. We’ve had the wii and it’s novelty has worn off. We plAy some games on the PC too. What I can tell you all is that my youngest likes to play cod online. Especially co-op mode. Any advice would help. Also, would the ps3 be ok or am I being cheap?

Posted: 16 November 2013 03:25 PM   [ # 1 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7262
Joined  2008-03-27

I have heard some BADDD things about the first run of the ps4, may want to hold off on that! I wouldn’t go for the ps3, buying outdated systems is never good… will be hard to get games in the future.

I’m not into video games, so I really don’t know anything about them…. just what I’ve heard from friends.

Signature 

“Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it’ll spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein

Posted: 17 November 2013 06:55 AM   [ # 2 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-03-08

Thanks Kevin. It looks both new systems are a pay to play online. That’s a bummer.

Posted: 18 November 2013 01:40 AM   [ # 3 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1989
Joined  2009-02-17

Paying for online is such a joke. Online multiplayer(and the other stuff they make you pay for) has been widely available & free for PC gamers since before the first Xbox, yet consoles make you pay to use it so they can have a revenue stream for offering you something that should be standard features for your system & games.

As for One Vs PS4, IDK which I’d go for. If there’s problems with launch PS4s, that would suck, but I wouldn’t exactly trust microsoft & their hardware after the dreadful launch of the 360 with it’s 30-40% failure rates. I’m sure they paid more attention to it this time to not release junk hardware, but I wouldn’t put it past ms to screw the pooch again going by their shabby software & hardware rollout history.

Signature 

Posted: 19 November 2013 08:19 PM   [ # 4 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-03-08

We decided to go with a PS3. Mainly, because we can still get some new titles right now. I guess Sony realizes that there are millions of PS3’s out there now, and you have to make money during the tansition to PS4.