Larry Dahlberg
Posted: 19 April 2014 11:53 AM
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1335
Joined  2008-04-06

Larry Dahlberg makes a bait he calls Mr Whiggley or something like that.
Anybody out there making something like this ?  I’d love to buy some but I don’t think Larry sells this particular bait.  I can only imagine how big Northern Pike would go nuts for these things in Canada !! 
Lure-making is not in my future.  Because of this, and because Pike demolish most baits they hit,  I would be interested in buying a whole bunch of these if by some slim chance anyone did make them.

UPDATE:

OOOOPS, my bad.  Should have looked before I posted.  He does sell them on his site.  This is new (and of course they are back-ordered !!).

Link:
http://www.river2seausa.com/3-larry-dahlberg-series

Signature 

“Is this Heaven ?....no it’s Minnesota.  That’s funny, I could have sworn it was Heaven”

Posted: 19 April 2014 11:57 AM   [ # 1 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7262
Joined  2008-03-27

Ha, I did make them! But I do not pour plastics anymore. I followed his instructions on how to make the mold in his videos.

Signature 

“Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it’ll spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein

Posted: 19 April 2014 01:42 PM   [ # 2 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1060
Joined  2009-04-24

couldn’t open the post. what r they?  BH

Posted: 19 April 2014 02:14 PM   [ # 3 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1335
Joined  2008-04-06
Buckethead Lure - 19 April 2014 01:42 PM

couldn’t open the post. what r they?  BH

It’s a 10” long swim bait/fluke looking,  type type lure that is very soft (almost like a Zoom grub soft….which is REAL soft).  It has tremendous action and big Pike would murder ‘em.  12 bucks for 2 of them on the web site.  At that price gotta use ‘em sparingly I guess. A day of heavy Pike action could get a bit spendy !!

Signature 

“Is this Heaven ?....no it’s Minnesota.  That’s funny, I could have sworn it was Heaven”

Posted: 19 April 2014 08:24 PM   [ # 4 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4256
Joined  2011-02-28

try Dahlberg’s Whopper Plopper. they should kill that top water plug.

Signature