Good day of fishing
Posted: 31 December 2014 05:25 PM
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1062
Joined  2010-07-26

I took one of my nephews fishing yesterday and we ended up having a spectacular day.  We put 8 in the boat that weighed a total of 29 lbs.  We lost a few more and one of the ones that I lost, of course, would have been the largest of the day.  She was absolutely huge.  She jumped a few times and shook the lure.  Water temps were 52-53 degrees.  It started out really, really cold and cloudy.  As soon as the sun came out at about 1pm, the bite really turned on.  We were fishing a channel about a mile below a dam and the fish were holding on boulders that were being used to shore up different sections of the channel.  We fished a lot of different lures but all of the fish we caught were on a SK 6XD.  Odd lure for the conditions but that was all that they would hit.  That was probably the best singular day of fishing that I had this year.  We’ll be heading back there again next week before I have to leave for work.  Hopefully we’ll duplicate our success.

Posted: 31 December 2014 09:40 PM   [ # 1 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4256
Joined  2011-02-28

sounds like a lot of fun Rammer! Be safe and Happy New Year to you and yours!!!!! What Lake were you fishing?

Signature 

Posted: 31 December 2014 10:43 PM   [ # 2 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1062
Joined  2010-07-26

Technically it’s not a lake, it’s the head waters of the Alabama River.  Walter Bouldin dam spills into what’s called Calloway Creek .  This joins the Coosa River after it comes from the Lake Jordan dam.  These then join the Tallapoosa River after it comes out of Lake Martin dam.  These three all come together to form the Alabama River.