2 of 2
Senkos and Ikas Addiction
Posted: 25 September 2012 08:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Hawg
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  111
Joined  2010-09-19

Chatterbaits have a really good action in the water i cant wait to catch fish on them, how do you rig your tubes?

Posted: 07 October 2012 10:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Hawg
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  147
Joined  2012-03-18

I’ve always got three things tied on: jig, worm/craw, & some kind of topwater.

Being that I mostly fish ponds, most of what I use is downsized, then I will upsize based on the bite that day.

I usually start out with a bitsy jig from strike king. Nice strong hook and a good size even though its small, fits 3” baits perfectly and even some 4” ones as well. If I want a bigger lure out there I usually use a strike king tour grade football jig. Both jigs can be used vertically, hopping, dragging and pitching as well.

For my next rod, it depends if I’m in a worm or craw mood. Either can be t-rigged or on a shakey head, they both work well. I like bottom hoppers and juiceworms. Bottom hopper jrs are a nice little 4.5” worm that works wonders in my ponds. If I want to upsize ill go to the regular version or a juice worm that has a nice tail. Zoom trick worms are also a go to. For craws, I’m a HUGE fan of chigger craws w/ crazy legs. Great little compact craw in 3” and 4” sizes. Both worms/craws work well twitched, bottom hopped, dragged and even swam in some cases.

I always have a topwater tied on because I need to start using them more. I wont act like I know much about them because well, I am just starting to use them.

Signature 

Posted: 08 October 2012 08:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1808
Joined  2009-09-27
MGS - 25 September 2012 08:03 PM

Chatterbaits have a really good action in the water i cant wait to catch fish on them, how do you rig your tubes?

alot of what I fish is pretty rocky so I rig mine different. I just get a strait shank hook and put it right through the bottom middle of the tube and run it strait up and out the top of the tube, then use a 1/8oz or 1/4 oz tungsten slip sinker. its a different look than a tube jig, alot of the fish around here have seen a tube jig. plus it gets a much better hookup than texas style.

If im not fishing it that way or if im around more grass then I will rig it texas style with a 1/8oz or 1/4 oz tungsten.

2 of 2