2 of 2
Senkos, ochos, yum dingers
Posted: 30 April 2013 01:05 PM   [ # 16 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  331
Joined  2010-12-09
Flymantex - 23 April 2013 02:42 PM

I have fished all those baits and more.  Even had some of LilJakeCs baits.  They all catch fish. 

My personal preference is the Senko (Sorry LilJakeC).  The Senko and Kinami Flash - same as the Senko, both made by Yamamoto - have the best falling action.  The negative side of those is they fall apart after one or two fish. 

What I do to get the most miles out of a lure is always start off t-rigged (weightless) - I use either an Owner Twist Lock in 4/0 or a Mustad 91768 hook in 4/0 with an Owner twist Lock added.

After they get tore up (and they will) - they become my wacky rig Senkos and I can get another 2 or 3 fish out of them.

I fish my senko wacky rig 99% of the time.  I have found that using the rubber O-ring and sliding my 1/0 Gamakatsu finesse weedless hook between the O-ring and the senko that I can catch lots of fish before it even shows signs of wear.  Usually the wire guard on the hook gets damaged before the senko does.

Signature 

My biggest worry is that my wife (when I’m dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

Posted: 30 April 2013 06:58 PM   [ # 17 ]
Bass
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  104
Joined  2009-01-17

We have been using Big Bite and Netbaits knock offs for the last 2 years. I do admit to buying Senkos when they are on sale at Academy. The biggest problem with Senkos besides price is they are pretty much a one fish lure.

Posted: 04 May 2013 08:46 AM   [ # 18 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1060
Joined  2009-04-24

I’ve been taking newbies out and have been putting the senkos on a shaky head. been working well.  BH

Posted: 04 May 2013 01:45 PM   [ # 19 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1335
Joined  2008-04-06

When I get tired of standing and casting all day, I sometimes rig a Senko wacky and just sit, drift, enjoy a sandwich, and bounce that little thing along the bottom.  makes for some very productive (and relaxing) hours.

Signature 

“Is this Heaven ?....no it’s Minnesota.  That’s funny, I could have sworn it was Heaven”

Posted: 04 May 2013 05:18 PM   [ # 20 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2102
Joined  2008-04-08
Buckethead Lure - 04 May 2013 08:46 AM

I’ve been taking newbies out and have been putting the senkos on a shaky head. been working well.  BH

The biggest bass Heather ever got was on a Senko>Shakyhead combo.

Signature 

My wife is my favorite fishing partner.

Posted: 04 May 2013 05:26 PM   [ # 21 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3416
Joined  2008-11-12

Senkos on shakeyheads don’t work! Especially a senko torn in half on a shakey head. That’s just plain stupid and won’t catch fish at all wink

Signature 

Does sleeping with the fishes equate to basstiality? LOL LOL LOL

Posted: 04 May 2013 07:38 PM   [ # 22 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-04-24

lol lol i use a gambler shaky head with a senko all the time.. trust me it works. i think the bass laugh so hard at it they must suck it in. BH

Posted: 16 June 2013 09:06 AM   [ # 23 ]
Hawg
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  213
Joined  2010-06-10

I’m by no means an expert when it comes to soft plastic stick baits, but I’ve found that the Strike King “Shimme Sticks” have a ton of action. They’re really soft & have a great quivering action on the fall. I work them wacky style, texas rig, weightless, & as a soft jerk bait. I’ve found that the jerk bait/fluke style presentation is amazing!

Signature 

1. WHEN IN DOUBT…EMPTY THE MAGAZINE!
2. HAPPINESS IS A WARM MACHINE GUN!

Posted: 16 June 2013 09:14 AM   [ # 24 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4256
Joined  2011-02-28

i’m no expert on stick baits but to answer RR’s question, aren’t they all fished about the same way even though they have different actions? there has to be some sort of similarity to these plastic stick baits and the way they are fished, no matter which ones you happen to have confidence in?

Signature 

Posted: 16 June 2013 09:19 AM   [ # 25 ]
Hawg
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  213
Joined  2010-06-10
CincySid - 16 June 2013 09:14 AM

i’m no expert on stick baits but to answer RR’s question, aren’t they all fished about the same way even though they have different actions? there has to be some sort of similarity to these plastic stick baits and the way they are fished, no matter which ones you happen to have confidence in?

I think that they are all very similar & have slight variations between them. In my opinion, they ALL can be worked the exact same way…which is not limited by only one presentation type…i.e. jerk bait style, texas rig, wacky, weightless, pegged, flipping/pitching, etc…

Signature 

1. WHEN IN DOUBT…EMPTY THE MAGAZINE!
2. HAPPINESS IS A WARM MACHINE GUN!

Posted: 16 June 2013 11:18 AM   [ # 26 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-04-24

i have a few of all of them. if I’m not getting hit on one I’ll try the others until I get hit. then I stick with it until it shuts off, then I switch them up again. BH

< 1 2
2 of 2