Michigan is heating up
Posted: 05 May 2013 09:35 AM
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  496
Joined  2012-01-17

Haven’t been on in a while.  Been getting the boat ready for the upcoming season and finally reached the “OVER” my wife has at the bottom of my honey do list.  But did take the boat out for a test run and all is good.  Also spent an hour seeing if the big crappie have come up from the depths yet.  They are just now coming up, the water temp was in the mid 50’s.  Lake St. Clair and Erie are on fire right now, the big smallies are everywhere.  Heading out there next week.  Saw the “Hook&Look;” Kim and Danny Stricker” out on my lake but didn’t get a chance to chat with them.  They didn’t stay long and I know why.  For some reason our water is stained this Spring which makes under water photography kind of difficult.  How are the other Michigan anglers doing?

Signature 

“May you catch all the fish you’ve told me about.”

Posted: 05 May 2013 01:05 PM   [ # 1 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1060
Joined  2009-04-24

wow!!! that sounds great. wish we had small mouth down here. we have peacocks and I here they are a lot a like but I don’t know. water temp here is in mid 70’s. fluke bite was on this morning after the top water of course which is every morning.  my big fish today was 4 8”  caught a lot of 2’s.  BH

Posted: 05 May 2013 02:09 PM   [ # 2 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-01-17
Buckethead Lure - 05 May 2013 01:05 PM

wow!!! that sounds great. wish we had small mouth down here. we have peacocks and I here they are a lot a like but I don’t know. water temp here is in mid 70’s. fluke bite was on this morning after the top water of course which is every morning.  my big fish today was 4 8”  caught a lot of 2’s.  BH

Wow nice fish.  Smallmouth do fight excellent.  Some are acrobatic and some just dig to deep water, you never know what your going to see.  I had a 4lb Smallie tail walk across the water like a porpoise, it was cool.  Never caught a peacock, but I’ve seen shows on them, they look like great fighters.  Would like to catch one someday just to say I did.

Signature 

Posted: 05 May 2013 03:15 PM   [ # 3 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1060
Joined  2009-04-24

yea peacocks never give up, NEVER!  they are bad ass fish. i was trying to get a hook out so I could release him and he was still trying to bite me. lol The biggest peacock i ever caught was an 8lber. fought me like a whale.  I hear they are good eating but just couldn’t kill such a beautiful fish especially one that was yelling ” Never Give Up ”  BH

Posted: 05 May 2013 06:01 PM   [ # 4 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1356
Joined  2009-03-08

Here in Lansing I got a big girl last week.
http://www.kevinvandam.com/forums/viewthread/11387/

I got some ok ones today.
http://s1171.photobucket.com/user/PointPlacer/media/image_zpscedf8457.jpg.html

Posted: 05 May 2013 06:55 PM   [ # 5 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4256
Joined  2011-02-28

heard a boater tell his buddy yesterday water temp was 58 here.

Signature 

Posted: 05 May 2013 09:27 PM   [ # 6 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1356
Joined  2009-03-08

A couple of friends of mine have been lake hopping around the croton dam area. The pics they are sending me are unbelievable. Huge smallies. Most on traps. They used to go down to G-ville but wanted to save money.  They were catching 30-40 bass a day. Lucky dogs.

Posted: 06 May 2013 05:49 PM   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3199
Joined  2007-03-17

Was out on your lake Sat. we caught 34 bass and a dozen rock heads in shallow water.  Nothing big mostly rats, we did manage about 10 keepers barely 14 inches and one around 3 lbs.  Fished down your canal, surprised to see it so muddy and clumps of the green slimey weeds everywhere.  Wind got pretty bad there in the afternoon hours and headed back in to go home.  I’m headed to Lake Erie this weekend can’t wait for some big smallie action.

Signature 

Eat Sleep and Fish Skeeter

Posted: 06 May 2013 06:12 PM   [ # 8 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-01-17
quantum-man - 06 May 2013 05:49 PM

Was out on your lake Sat. we caught 34 bass and a dozen rock heads in shallow water.  Nothing big mostly rats, we did manage about 10 keepers barely 14 inches and one around 3 lbs.  Fished down your canal, surprised to see it so muddy and clumps of the green slimey weeds everywhere.  Wind got pretty bad there in the afternoon hours and headed back in to go home.  I’m headed to Lake Erie this weekend can’t wait for some big smallie action.

Nice that you had constant action, I was gone all day to my daughters tennis tournament.  There is always a cold beverage in my porch refrigerator should you need one, it’s open to the public.  LOL I can’t believe how muddy and slimy my canal is this Spring.  It’s usually clear as a bell.  Stop by the next time you come out and good luck on Erie, I’m heading to St. Clair this Wed or Thurs and Erie the following week.  Keep me posted on the bite and Pics of course.  I heard the Erie launch is shallow with the water being down, I’m thinking of launching from Elizabeth Park.

Signature 

Posted: 08 May 2013 05:02 PM   [ # 9 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3199
Joined  2007-03-17
USMCGeoff - 06 May 2013 06:12 PM

Nice that you had constant action, I was gone all day to my daughters tennis tournament.  There is always a cold beverage in my porch refrigerator should you need one, it’s open to the public.  LOL I can’t believe how muddy and slimy my canal is this Spring.  It’s usually clear as a bell.  Stop by the next time you come out and good luck on Erie, I’m heading to St. Clair this Wed or Thurs and Erie the following week.  Keep me posted on the bite and Pics of course.  I heard the Erie launch is shallow with the water being down, I’m thinking of launching from Elizabeth Park.

I’m headed to Sterling State Park to launch there.  It can pretty shallow as well even though they dredged there a couple of years ago.  Good luck on LSC I have heard the bite is on but the water is a little dingy around the mile roads.

Signature 

Eat Sleep and Fish Skeeter

Posted: 15 August 2013 09:17 AM   [ # 10 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-01-17
quantum-man - 08 May 2013 05:02 PM
USMCGeoff - 06 May 2013 06:12 PM

I’m headed to Sterling State Park to launch there.  It can pretty shallow as well even though they dredged there a couple of years ago.  Good luck on LSC I have heard the bite is on but the water is a little dingy around the mile roads.

Headed to Sterling State Park tomorrow, need to check a couple spots for our Erie tournament coming up next month.  Was the launch deep enough to put your boat in?

Signature 

‹‹ 500      JUNEBUG & BAMA BUG ››