Revo Rocket.
Posted: 22 June 2013 05:09 PM
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1989
Joined  2009-02-17

Just a tease with Steve Pennaz of Fishing Commandos(used to be on NAF) holding a Revo box talking about 9.0:1 gear ratio & 37 IPT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT9_yMciTqw

Hopefully this isn’t some $300+ reel & takes a lot of features from the STX, if so, I might get one. The other brand fanboys are crying “gimmick/overkill” but I bet they’ll be following suit. I honestly don’t think there’s such a thing as too fast for rod worked techniques, so I’m hoping this is gonna be right in my wheelhouse & Abu doesn’t screw the pooch on braking or something else that would kill it for me.

Signature 

Posted: 22 June 2013 07:35 PM   [ # 1 ]
Hawg
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  213
Joined  2010-06-10

That’s some BLAZING speed! I’d say that it will have limits to very specific uses, such as bottom dwelling soft plastic rigs, jigs, etc… HOWEVER, if it has enough power to winch fish out of thick cover or enough power to fight the fish…I can see it as a good thing. If it’s fast just for the sake of being fast…then they will have missed the mark.

I’m more of a Quantum user, but do own & use other brands as well.

Signature 

1. WHEN IN DOUBT…EMPTY THE MAGAZINE!
2. HAPPINESS IS A WARM MACHINE GUN!

Posted: 26 June 2013 04:13 AM   [ # 2 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  420
Joined  2012-01-14

The Revo stuff is awesome and all, but not a true Abu in my book.  They’re non-proprietary designed reels based on some common architecture or another that exists out there in the free market.  I’ve got BPS stuff based on the same platform.  They are light-years ahead of the last true Abu reel, the EON, but lost the magic IMHO (and problems) of the EON.

Why the heck not jam some super fast restive into the Revo?  What more can you do with that architecture at this point?  More power to them.

Posted: 26 June 2013 09:32 PM   [ # 3 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1889
Joined  2009-02-05

That’s insane.

Posted: 26 June 2013 11:31 PM   [ # 4 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1989
Joined  2009-02-17

MSRP $300, Infini(dual) Brakes, 6.75 ounces, it’s definitely under consideration for me, especially if they show up on eBay for $200-225. They’ll come in left too Pax. wink

http://www.wired2fish.com/icast-sneak-peek-abu-garcia-revo-rocket/

I think I’m gonna have to rekindle my love of fishing before dropping over $200 on a reel again though, I’ve barely made it out this year.

Signature 

‹‹ micro guides      Daiwa Ballistic Crankin Rod ››