< 1 2
2 of 2
Daiwa Ballistic Crankin Rod
Posted: 14 August 2013 05:41 PM   [ # 16 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4256
Joined  2011-02-28

took the ballistic out again today, I matched it up with Winch and what a difference. I got even more distance. cast like a dream. Is nice to finally get a rod and reel and line matched up and what it perform. not going to change this setup.

Fished the Daiwa Aird today, 7’6” telescopic H Fast,  the rod performed good with a 1 oz spinnerbait on it. tomorrow I am putting a Koppers frog on it and see how well it does with that. So far happy with the rod. if it does well with the frog it will be my frog rod from now on. tomorrow I will fish the Lew’s tourney pro speed spool on a new rod with new line and a king Daddy frog. Rod is Cabela’s Tourney trail, 7’8” H MF, if it does well with the king Daddy on it, it will be my A-rig rod. rated for 1-4 oz. Not really trying to catch fish, just trying out new gear, rods, reels and line.

i’ll go back with a stick bait to try and catch fish. it’s all i’m going to take one spinning rod and rig it t-rigged with a 1/4 oz pegged sinker, then i’ll try and wacky rig it where I can fish it without getting hung in the weeds. trying to find another technique I can catch fish other that the frog. also popper or spook when the clouds come in or buzzbaits.

Signature 

Posted: 15 August 2013 05:20 AM   [ # 17 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  420
Joined  2012-01-14

There are Frog and Jiging versions of this rod as well.  I know I’m picking up one or more of these rods and paring it to used BPS Xtreme Carbon Matrix reel so the two look appropriate together.  It’s silly, I know but I’m into bass fishing for the tackle as much as the fishing.  Rods and reel gotta match and look sexy together.  Line too.

Daiwa Balistic rod, Xtreme Carbon reel and Flo. Fire Sufix Performance Braid.  Hmmmm….. sexy squarebill cranking or maybe frogging depending on the rod.

Posted: 15 August 2013 10:13 AM   [ # 18 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7262
Joined  2008-03-27

on sale at TW for 65

Signature 

“Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it’ll spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein

< 1 2
2 of 2

‹‹ Revo Rocket.      Baitcast 2 bearing ››