attending an Elite series event
Posted: 12 August 2013 10:45 AM
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1703
Joined  2009-07-07

I have never been to an Elite series event. I’m really looking forward to the one on St.Clair, but I have a few questions about attending. My first is, were is it going to launch & were is the weigh in? How early should I get there, & if I wanted to take my boat out were would I launch it? Is anyone else going to check it out?

Signature 

Hope you catch your biggest bass ever on your next fishing trip.

Posted: 12 August 2013 01:21 PM   [ # 1 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4256
Joined  2011-02-28

follow the line of boats and people. got to be someone to call on the bassmaster website that can fill in the details.

Signature 

Posted: 12 August 2013 08:40 PM   [ # 2 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1060
Joined  2009-04-24

i went my first year really really early and it was a mess. I waited like three hours for them to launch.( sitting at the entrance of the lake). the next year I went to the docks right after they took off and it was a ghost town. then all I did was drive around the lake ( lake Okeechobee) until I found who I was looking for and followed them the rest of the day. it was hard watching them all day without fishing. the 2nd day I fished ( a way from any of them) and just went to the weigh in. Be ready to watch from a distance and be bored. you could watch all day and not see them catch a fish. lol the weigh in is fun but chasing them around not so much. Bring binoculars. lol BH

Posted: 13 August 2013 05:18 PM   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5487
Joined  2007-03-04

Here you go. You’ll love it! Show up early with your life jacket and drinks, see if they need any extra Marshalls.

http://www.bassmaster.com/attend-2013-elite-series-lake-st-clair-championship

Signature 

Posted: 14 August 2013 07:59 AM   [ # 4 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-07

Thanks for the info Twitch.  The launch time is 6:30, so what time do u suggest I get the there? An hour before hand, two?

Signature 

Posted: 15 August 2013 05:13 AM   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5487
Joined  2007-03-04
bassfish* - 14 August 2013 07:59 AM

Thanks for the info Twitch.  The launch time is 6:30, so what time do u suggest I get the there? An hour before hand, two?

I would get there at least an hour early. A guy named Chuck Harbin runs the show. He’s usually there really early. He’ll be the one to talk to about getting in a boat.

Signature 

Posted: 24 August 2013 09:17 PM   [ # 6 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-07

Thanks for the suggestion to talk to Chuck Twitch!I had the chance to Marshall yesterday. It was incredible!!! I went out with Kurt Dove, and we tore up lake St. Clair with four foot waves in his Skeeter. He didn’t have a great first day, which put him behind the eight ball day two when I rode with him. He had a much better day two but it wasn’t enough to make the cut. That guy is a grinder, I learn some cool stuff from him.

Signature