Mandatory Waddle Buggy thread.
Posted: 30 August 2013 04:47 AM   [ Ignore ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  420
Joined  2012-01-14

Mandatory bass forum topic.

The Waddle Buggy is some big bodied, hard wobbling, Japanese wake bait with a frog appearance as well as a potential hunting action.  The hunting action is unconfirmed at the moment, but if one were to look at the Waddle Bat, or it’s Korean knock off, the Payo Call Bat, you would see the bizzare metal blade (or blades in Waddle Buggy) attached to the end of the lures.  This is a way to elicit a hunting action by playing around with the hydrodynamic properties of a lure in motion.

What it appears to be on the surface:  big bodied, hard wobbling, hunting, frog bodied wake bait straight off the shelves of Japan.

It’s got me all sorts of hawt and bothered.

No pics because forum is retarded

Waddle Buggy craze is over.  Every bass site had a thread (this one is ours) but it has died.  $30 from a non Megabass was too mush I suppose.

Posted: 30 August 2013 11:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4115
Joined  2011-02-28

how much a clunker like that cost?

Signature 

Posted: 30 August 2013 05:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-01-14

$31

Posted: 30 August 2013 08:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4115
Joined  2011-02-28

no thanks

Signature 

Posted: 31 August 2013 02:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-01-14

Overpriced as hell.  It’s the nature of JDM baits sold within the Japanese market.  High mark up to match the low volume of sales.  Once the baits go global, or at least find their way onto a major retailer like BPS or Tackle Warehouse, I believe the price should drop to reflect the high volume of sales.

The Waddle Buggy has just been leaked from Japan, and as such, the price is very JDM.  There are no state side retailers to my knowledge.  My excitement level equals or bests the price so I’ll be picking one up sooner than later.  Make no mistake, it is two worthless halves of plastic shat out of an injection molding machine, operated by some machine operator in a factory, glued together and painted.  All cranks, unless carved from wood by a craftsman, are inherently worthless.     

Lure action video (copy and paste into browser): http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://blog.goo.ne.jp/kameya-hiroshima/e/ed84864d61e2d81ff651f2ad8c9bfa4a&prev;=/search?q=imakatsu+waddle+buggy&biw=1280&bih=609

EDIT: somewhere on that linked page is the video.  Try the 1st external (or last) link above the 2nd picture.

‹‹ No finesse in my game      Moon Phases??? ››