Moon Phases???
Posted: 10 September 2013 12:12 PM
Bass
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  97
Joined  2013-06-17

I was looking on weather.com and the extended forecast (even though it’ll be wrong by the time the weekend gets here) but I noticed the fishing forecast that is determined by moon phases. How much do yall look into that or put belief in the moon phases? I’ve been looking at them for the past few weeks now to see if the fishing is excellent good or bad like they say its going to be and to me it hasn’t made a lick of difference. Went 2 saturdays ago and between 8-11 it was supposed to be excellent yet didn’t get a bite. Last thursday it wasn’t supposed to be but bad conditions and we caught 11 in about 2 hours.

Signature 

I got a big one grab the net!!!! Ohhhh wait i’m just hung again

Posted: 10 September 2013 08:03 PM   [ # 1 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1060
Joined  2009-04-24

i dont know about the moon but i believe in tides. They say two days before a full moon and two days after are supposed to be good. i have no proof of that. anybody else? BH

Posted: 10 September 2013 09:36 PM   [ # 2 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4256
Joined  2011-02-28

i think it has some affect, but i wouldn’t rely on it to pick the days i want to go fishing or base my results on it. i think the water and weather conditions where you are fishing is much more important. but a positive for fishing moon phase can’t hurt.

Signature 

Posted: 11 September 2013 10:53 AM   [ # 3 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1835
Joined  2008-03-26

It will make a difference in spring, around spawning time, other than that not much thought into it. Unless I fish night in summer, which I dont do.

Signature 

when in doubt swing it

Posted: 12 September 2013 01:48 AM   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5487
Joined  2007-03-04
stick um - 11 September 2013 10:53 AM

It will make a difference in spring, around spawning time, other than that not much thought into it. Unless I fish night in summer, which I dont do.

Im with him. Pay more attention to it when the fish are looking to spawn.

Signature