Get Largemouth on Facebook.
Posted: 01 November 2013 01:43 PM   [ Ignore ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1989
Joined  2009-02-17

Anybody follow this? They’ve been posting pics of people with their big fish & claimed weights for quite a while. Well, every pic has pretty much turned into a poop storm of people claiming the fish weighs half the weight it’s claimed in the comments section, name calling, & just good ole internet douchebaggery to the point that GL posted a guess the weight on a confirmed fish. There was an over 10 lb discrepancy from the master pic judging public. A 13 lb fish with guesses between 6 & 17 lbs & maybe 10-20% were within one pound one way or the other. lol

It just really annoys me when people look at a pic & call someone a liar when there’s so many variables besides the angle of the pic & how the fish is held that they cite as reasons for doubting the catch. Unless you know the size of the people & things in the picture, it’s hard to really judge the size of anything in a pic. How many times have you heard someone say something is bigger/smaller than what it looked like in the picture? ALL THE FREAKING TIME! I know most fisherman embellish their fishing, but the just blatant calling people liars just drives me up the wall from people that only see a pic of the person holding the fish. /End Rant.

Signature 

Posted: 01 November 2013 10:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1356
Joined  2009-03-08

I think unless the bass is sitting on a scale or ruler it’s hard to judge too. I’m not very good at judging them myself sometimes. The social media can be a cruel world. Even some of thing things posted on bassmaster are pretty rough. It’s hard to believe they let some of that stuff on for PR reasons. Although some is very funny. Some folks have never been taught how to be gentlemen.