What’s a guy to do?
Posted: 08 March 2014 01:15 PM
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1062
Joined  2010-07-26

I take a lot of people fishing on my boat.  Most of them don’t have their own rods and reels, or they have pretty outdated equipment.  Since I fish lefty, they either don’t like using my stuff or just can’t get the hang of it.  I’ve been thinking about buying some righty equipment for quests.

The other day I was browsing through the site here and I noticed the closeout sale on last year’s KVD stuff.  PERFECT!  I bought 3 poles of varying lengths and actions and all three different speeds of reels.  Wasn’t too bad on the wallet and I got some good equipment.

Since I’m at work, and using my iPad, I wasn’t able to print the receipt.  The site stated it would email the reciept after confirmation.  Never got the email or the receipt, but the stuff is already at the house.  WOW!  But I’m still at work.  Not so wow.

But here’s the weird part.  After I called them about not getting the email or receipt, the webpage went down.  I was going back on there to get another rod and reel, or two, or three, but the webpage won’t come up.  I went all over the site trying to get that particular stuff to come back up, and nothing.  I sent them an email asking what was up with that, and no response.  Hum?

So webmasters, if you’re paying attention, you might want to investigate this situation.  If in fact Tackle Services did take down the page, you might want to remove that from this site as well. 

But hey, I got’em while they was hot!  My friends are really going to love this gear.

Posted: 08 March 2014 01:49 PM   [ # 1 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1335
Joined  2008-04-06

There are a number of “outdoor companies” out there that are troublesome and despite the great reputation of the KVD site, the sponsors may or may not be reliable.  Glad yours worked out OK.

Having gear on your boat for others is a great idea and one I use all the time.  I am almost 100% bait cast and many of my fishing friends are not able to handle this method.  I always keep 2-3 Shimano Stradic reels spooled with 8-12 pound line and mounted on 6 1/2 foot rods in my rod locker.  It makes a day on the water stress free (well almost) and gives my guests a great experience.  They also want to come back ......which is always fun !

Signature 

“Is this Heaven ?....no it’s Minnesota.  That’s funny, I could have sworn it was Heaven”

‹‹ Okuma Komodo      Lews Lazer ››