It’s THAT Time Of year Again !!
Posted: 10 March 2014 02:26 PM
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1335
Joined  2008-04-06

Time for my annual trip to Park Falls WI and the St Croix factory store to pick up several new St Croix Legend Tournament rods.  I love these rods.
The factory store sells “blems” (paint scratches) for 50% off.  That’s $120 for a $240 rod !!  I have had many of them and never once had any issue with quality.  I figure if I buy a new one from a store, it will have a scratch the first time I toss it down on the boat deck !\

Cannot wait….need a 7’1” MHF and two 7’1” MXF’s

Signature 

“Is this Heaven ?....no it’s Minnesota.  That’s funny, I could have sworn it was Heaven”

Posted: 10 March 2014 08:34 PM   [ # 1 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  496
Joined  2012-01-17

Very Nice, have a fun trip.  I love my St Croix’s also…  Worth the ride.

Signature 

“May you catch all the fish you’ve told me about.”

Posted: 11 March 2014 08:22 AM   [ # 2 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4256
Joined  2011-02-28

can’t afford them even 50% off, plus i don’t catch enough fish to warrant the cost. i’ll just muddle through with my $50 rods. all the ponds together would add up to about 60 acres in the ponds i fish in and they need restocked big time. I won’t happen though, not enough money. it has cut down the fishing pressure. not as many fish to catch.

Signature 

Posted: 11 March 2014 10:56 AM   [ # 3 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-04-06

It’s not only the more expensive rods they sell like that….they sell all their rods (as available) at that discount.  Last season, they had an even better deal….buy 3 baitcast rods for $90 each !

Signature 

“Is this Heaven ?....no it’s Minnesota.  That’s funny, I could have sworn it was Heaven”

Posted: 11 March 2014 12:32 PM   [ # 4 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7262
Joined  2008-03-27

Some of my biggest fish have come from 6-8 acre ponds in the middle of the city that get pounded by dozens of people every day, you cannot tell me your waters are too small.

You wouldn’t believe the difference between a $100 rod and a $50 rod.

Signature 

“Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it’ll spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein

Posted: 11 March 2014 05:29 PM   [ # 5 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1060
Joined  2009-04-24

Sweet!! they’re good rods. At that price it’s a steal. Can I put an order in? I need 7ft. MH.  BH

Posted: 25 March 2014 04:43 PM   [ # 6 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-04-06

Well…..
The trip was a success and I actually ended up with 3 new St Croix Legend Tournament rods.
Bought a Heavy Fast (7’1”) ,  a 7’1” Medium Fast, and a 7’1” MH Fast. 

The first one was unexpected, but I always can use a good “double duty” stick for big toothy critters.  This one is not too stout, so that along with Muskies, I can have some fun tracking down those medium size (36-40”) pike as well. 

Good ol’ St Croix folks tossed in a couple hats for free too.  Great place to buy rods !!!

Signature 

Posted: 17 September 2014 06:03 PM   [ # 7 ]
Bass
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  84
Joined  2012-03-20

I’ve always wanted to try one of their rods.  As long as my college debt is crippling me i will be sticking to mid-level setups haha

‹‹ New Drop Shot Rig      Crankbait and line ››