Total Posts:  10
Joined  2012-03-28

when to use one and when not to use one…thanks

Posted: 17 April 2014 09:45 PM   [ # 1 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7262
Joined  2008-03-27

KVD mentioned this in one of his videos for BPS. If I remember correctly, he ALWAYS uses a Mustad trailer hook (2/0) unless the conditions prove it impossible. Otherwise, I never see any plastics on his blades.

Signature 

“Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it’ll spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein

Posted: 18 April 2014 07:29 AM   [ # 2 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4256
Joined  2011-02-28

Trailer hook, yes, always. Trailers depend on the water clarity and water conditions. Cold, muddy or stained water a plastic grub, white, black or chartreuse, match your skirt color, will present a bigger profile, push more water and slows your bait down. Lets the bass see and hear and feel your spinnerbait especially if you are using a Colorado blade. Which is what you want with those water conditions.

For clear or slightly stained water, no plastic trailer. You want to move the spinnerbait quickly so the fish don’t get a good look at it, use willow leaf or double willow leaf blades so you can burn the spinnerbait, but use a trailer hook.

Signature 

Posted: 18 April 2014 07:32 PM   [ # 3 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1060
Joined  2009-04-24

i think you said it all Cin, i couldn’t agree more.  BH