What to use today???
Posted: 07 May 2014 10:24 AM
Bass
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  97
Joined  2013-06-17

Hey guys I’m back after being gone from on here for several months maybe even a year. I am going fishing today for the first time since last October. Our weather this year in Mississippi has been the strangest ever. Since Jan. 1 we’ve seen anywhere from 90 to 38 for the highs and have gotten hail,rain,snow,tornados pretty much any kind of weather you can think of. Past couple days have been mid 80s and today should be 87 or so. I am thinking about starting out with a pumpkin colored worm/lizard but I do have a white/chartreuse spinnerbait and KVD sexy frog green with white bottom on my 3rd rod. We should get to the lake today around 3-4 what do y’all think about those 3 options? They’ve all worked in the past at this lake but we only fished there from mid summer till october, we’ve never been there before about July. As far as the water goes you can see roughly 6-8” down and its a 12 acre lake we will be on the boat fishing mainly to the bank along with peaks and some grass/lilly areas.

Signature 

I got a big one grab the net!!!! Ohhhh wait i’m just hung again

Posted: 07 May 2014 10:37 AM   [ # 1 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2102
Joined  2008-04-08

Do you know the water temps?

All three options you listed should be OK. 

Other options: As for me - I never go anywhere without a Senko tied on.  Also, as it gets closer to sundown, break out the buzzbait.  I fish those in early morning or late afternoon (evening) from late spring all the way through summer. 

Another option if the fish aren’t biting too well is a shaky-head or dropshot.

Signature 

My wife is my favorite fishing partner.

Posted: 07 May 2014 10:44 AM   [ # 2 ]
Bass
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  97
Joined  2013-06-17

I don’t know the water temps of the lakes….only temp i know is my pool and its 61 degrees lol. I have a shaky head in my box just never used it before. Do you fish the shaky head the same way you would a reg worm or lizard?

Signature 

I got a big one grab the net!!!! Ohhhh wait i’m just hung again

Posted: 07 May 2014 02:04 PM   [ # 3 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4256
Joined  2011-02-28
kberry4320 - 07 May 2014 10:24 AM

Hey guys I’m back after being gone from on here for several months maybe even a year. I am going fishing today for the first time since last October. Our weather this year in Mississippi has been the strangest ever. Since Jan. 1 we’ve seen anywhere from 90 to 38 for the highs and have gotten hail,rain,snow,tornados pretty much any kind of weather you can think of. Past couple days have been mid 80s and today should be 87 or so. I am thinking about starting out with a pumpkin colored worm/lizard but I do have a white/chartreuse spinnerbait and KVD sexy frog green with white bottom on my 3rd rod. We should get to the lake today around 3-4 what do y’all think about those 3 options? They’ve all worked in the past at this lake but we only fished there from mid summer till october, we’ve never been there before about July. As far as the water goes you can see roughly 6-8” down and its a 12 acre lake we will be on the boat fishing mainly to the bank along with peaks and some grass/lilly areas.

I would add a buzzbait and a swimming jig and if it is not too weedy, a shallow crank. Once you find fish, then you can slow down and worm them.

Signature 

‹‹ the new Rage Blade      Trolling for Hybrids ››