Scored 2 sweet deals
Posted: 31 May 2014 03:30 PM
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4256
Joined  2011-02-28

I just got a Pflueger Patriarch for $150 and a Revo MGX for $275. Both are sickening sweet!!!!! Love it!!!!!!

Signature 

Posted: 31 May 2014 05:55 PM   [ # 1 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1335
Joined  2008-04-06

Nice….

I am vowing not to buy ANY more reels !  None….zip….zilch.  Too much is too much.

Even with 2 straight weeks in Northwest Ontario Canada starting June 16, then 10 days at home….and then back for another week in Canada, I do not need ay more reels !!! 
I hope my willpower holds out.

Signature 

“Is this Heaven ?....no it’s Minnesota.  That’s funny, I could have sworn it was Heaven”

Posted: 31 May 2014 07:02 PM   [ # 2 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-02-28

always seems like you never have enough. I have wanted these reels for a long time and to save around $125 from retail is a bonus. that Patriarch on a kistler spinning rod is the best i have ever held in my hands. The MGX on a kistler baitcasting rod or a Quantum Tour KVD rod is just as sweet. got my blood up, got to keep a bait wet now.

Signature 

Posted: 04 June 2014 08:37 PM   [ # 3 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1060
Joined  2009-04-24

Cin, how many poles do you carry when you’re fishing from the bank? I have a rod locker that holds 12 rods plus I can put another 12 or so on my deck. I don’t know I would want to carry more than a couple if I were bank fishing. You seem to talk about having a lot of rods. Just wondering. BH

Posted: 05 June 2014 09:56 AM   [ # 4 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-02-28

it varies on the water conditions, sometimes i will take 5 or 6 other times 2 or 3. On average i probably take 3. if it is not to weedy i will take 5 or 6 for reaction baits. its hard sometimes to tie on a new lure with the wind whipping through, especially with my diminished eye sight and balance, easier to just pick up another rod. I don’t plan on buying any other rods and reels for a few years and i’m sure i’m going to break some rods in that time. Broke a couple already this year. Why i like kistler and Ugly Stik, they don’t break. Although i don’t use US often, way to heavy. I do use an US GX2, 7’6” ML for my squarebill rod, but from now to late fall i can’t use any squarebills, just to weedy.

Signature 

Posted: 14 June 2014 09:21 PM   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5487
Joined  2007-03-04

Good deal on that MGX man. You should love it one you get it dialed in!

Signature 

Posted: 20 June 2014 04:53 AM   [ # 6 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-02-28
twitch - 14 June 2014 09:21 PM

Good deal on that MGX man. You should love it one you get it dialed in!

it’s easy to dial the MGX in. it throws light baits a long way, better than anything else I got except the EXO but I got to be careful with the EXO and backlashes, its harder to dial in. The patriarch is as smooth of a spinning reel as I have every held in my hand.

Signature 

‹‹ Need a suggestion      Falcon Bucoo micro ››