Lake Fork Trophy Lures “Live” Magic Shad
Posted: 14 April 2008 04:19 PM   [ Ignore ]
Crappie
RankRank
Total Posts:  50
Joined  2008-03-18

I’ve seen these before, decided to buy some today to replace my Bass Magic swimbaits (don’t buy them, they smell like cleaning chemicals and actually scare bass away). They have a segmented body (like most hard swimbaits) and have a garlic and salt scent. There’s a video on the website of big bass nailing them, i’ll put up a link. Tell me if you’ve ever fished or even seen these before. LFT Lures Homepage

Signature 

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there’d be a shortage of fishing poles.

Posted: 14 April 2008 04:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Shad
Rank
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2008-04-11

These look like a beefed up Banjo minnow. THe action looks great but NEVER go by what you see fish eating in a tank. They could easily be starved etc so that they will eat anyhting. Please let us know if they work for you, cuz they look great. Hopefully they work for you.

Also, are they only available online?

Posted: 14 April 2008 05:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  400
Joined  2007-04-30

Looks good. I’ll try anything once.

Posted: 14 April 2008 08:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  388
Joined  2007-07-28

I know a guy you uses ‘em.He caught a few on it last year,i believe he rigged it weightless like a fluke…  I don’t know from my experience though,never tried them.  I might have to pick up a pack,you can get them at wal-mart sometimes.

Signature 

“i hope you like animals, ‘cause im a beast!”

Posted: 14 April 2008 08:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5487
Joined  2007-03-04

I picked some up at the classic this year. There is a WBT pro, Marcia Rubins, that does a tank demo with these on youtube.com

Signature 

Posted: 14 April 2008 09:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  359
Joined  2007-12-08

yeah, i have several of these baits. the action of these baits really are remarkable. i got them last summer when we went to Lake Fork here in Texas. the Lake Fork Tackle store there in town is where they’re made and distributed. when we got out of the truck, the ‘aroma’ was distinctly garlicky to say the least. had some really good bites the next day on Lake Fork, but couldnt boat any….seems the bass that day were taking half of the lure…literally….we would reel in half a lure and replace it….i had several trail it back to the boat…but never really slowed down my presentation as i should have…

probably fishing these weightless would be better…if the water and current allows it…but i really havent had the opportunity to fish these on my home lake of Sam Rayburn…...  if you do decide to rig it TX style….you might keep the weight as small as possible to keep a slower action on a feeding bait fish..

Signature 

Hook sets are free…. wink

Posted: 15 April 2008 08:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1917
Joined  2007-12-13

I’ve had these baits and they are good baits.  I’ve caught alot of fish with them.  A slow steady retrieve worked well for me.  Its neat to be able to barely see your bait coming in and then see the bass come up from behind it and smash it.  Just awesome.  There is also a Japanese version of this bait as well.  My buddy just got back from Lake Fork and he visited the LFT plant and got some 6” version of the Live Magic Shad.  unfortunately I dont see these stacking up well against the Money Minnow, Shadolicous, Basstrix, etc as the pros use those and get more publicity because of that.  Good lure though.

Signature 

“Nothing like the smell of BANG in the morning”

Posted: 15 April 2008 04:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Crappie
RankRank
Joined  2008-03-18

All those swimbaits are pretty much the same, literally for the Shadolicious and Bass Magic, they have no cosmetic difference and both smell. They are all over hyped, they all do the same thing. It’s nice to have a bait that sticks out from the crowd. Thanks for all the rigging suggestions, they all sound great. I’m also going to try Carolina Rigging them, think that might work?

Signature 

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there’d be a shortage of fishing poles.

Posted: 15 April 2008 05:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Hawg
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  123
Joined  2008-02-06

Speaking of lake fork, KVD will will be fishing it this weekend (toyota texas bass classic) 30 miles from home for me….ill be out there!!

Signature 

J. Burch

Posted: 15 April 2008 07:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  359
Joined  2007-12-08

wish i was going….but i gotta hang close around the house….my ‘baby-girl’ is about ready to deliver our 1st grandchild, so i have been instructed to put fishing on the back burner….pretty good trade off i think….can’t wait to see my new little baby-girl…..abby grace is on her way…wooohoooo

Signature 

Hook sets are free…. wink

Posted: 15 April 2008 07:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Crappie
RankRank
Joined  2008-03-18

Lucky. Wish i could go, but thats only about 1000 miles from where i live.

Signature