Homemade Kahlua
Posted: 27 May 2008 03:02 PM   [ Ignore ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  640
Joined  2007-11-29

Just thought I would change up things a little and add a drink recipe.  It’s the only drink recipe I know…..I know a lot more food recipes.  Don’t know how many of you guys like to have a drink now and then, but here’s a little Kahlua recipe.  It tastes like a iced coffee more than a mixed drink.  You will need some type of container, rather than a normal pitcher, ‘cause the pitcher isn’t big enough.  I use the type of container that has a little spout on the bottom of it, so i can just fill my cup without pulling it out of the fridge.  It’s good to make if you are having people over, but watch out, it will sneak up on you!

Ingredients:

3/4 cups of INSTANT coffee
1 1/2 cups of Splenda or sugar(Splenda is better….trust me)
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
1/2 gallon of vodka(only use half a bottle of this, ‘cause a whole bottle makes 2 batches)
1 bottle of Bailey’s Irish Creme(i use the cheap stuff…same taste, just cheaper)

Directions:

1.  Boil water in a kettle or pot.
2.  Put hot water in pitcher, and add instant coffee, splenda, and vanilla extract(just enough water to dissolve these items).
3.  Stir water until everything is dissolved.
4.  Add cold water until pitcher is full.
5.  Pour into container.
6.  Add half of the bottle of Vodka(only half of the half gallon bottle).
7.  Add enough water to fill up the rest of the container.
8.  Shake container to stir up all ingredients.

Now you are ready to drink it…..here’s how to make a drink:

1.  Put ice in cup.
2.  Pour Kahlua over ice, but don’t fill cup to the top(maybe 1in to 1.5in from the top.)
3.  Add a nice splash of Bailey’s Irish Creme.
4.  Add a splash of milk.
5.  Stir with whatever you like to stir with.
6.  Drink it!!

Hope some of you guys try this out and enjoy it!  I’m not joking when I say it sneaks up on ya.  After the first drink, it just keeps getting better and better!....  I’ll have a good Carolina Barbecue recipe put up here soon!

Signature 

Posted: 27 May 2008 03:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  640
Joined  2007-11-29

oh yeah….it looks like a big recipe, but it’s really not.  it’s really simple!  it just took me a while to type it all, and it looks confusing now that i see it up here!...lol

Signature 

Posted: 27 May 2008 04:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  755
Joined  2007-08-20

Wow man that is sweet! Can you make me a bottle and send it to me? I wont tell the goverment about it… wink

Signature 

Perfect practice makes perfect