smoked honey orange mango basil trout
Posted: 21 September 2008 04:11 PM   [ Ignore ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  451
Joined  2008-03-31

1st thing you need to do is get you a smoker i like the big green egg smoker. and with fish i like alder chips when smoke’n em.
get your big green egg up to 350 add the alder chips and get it smooooooooooookey!!!!!!!!!!!

season trout with salt and pepper lightly brush with olive oil
smoke fish for 3 hours.

then you need

orange mango basil relish

2 mangoes
1/4 cup of orange juice
1/4 cup of lime juice
2 tsp of fresh basil
6 tsp of honey
1/2 of red bell pepper
4 strawberries

slice and pit mangoes add 1 mago to blender with the orange juice,lime blend still syrupy. take other mango and dice.
dice up red bell pepper then add diced mango and red bell pepper to the syrupy mango finely chop fresh basil and add that to the relish.

drizzle 3 tsp honey onto trout then add orange mango basil relish. drizzle another 3 tsp of honey on top of orange mango basil relish then garnish with chopped stawberries.

Signature 

Check Out My Bass Articles on My Blog

Posted: 21 September 2008 04:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  451
Joined  2008-03-31
BassHunter69 - 21 September 2008 08:11 PM

1st thing you need to do is get you a smoker i like the big green egg smoker. and with fish i like alder chips when smoke’n em.
get your big green egg up to 350 add the alder chips and get it smooooooooooookey!!!!!!!!!!!

season trout with salt and pepper lightly brush with olive oil
smoke fish for 3 hours.

then you need

orange mango basil relish

2 mangoes
1/4 cup of orange juice
1/4 cup of lime juice
2 tsp of fresh basil
6 tsp of honey
1/2 of red bell pepper
4 strawberries

slice and pit mangoes add 1 mago to blender with the orange juice,lime blend still syrupy. take other mango and dice.
dice up red bell pepper then add diced mango and red bell pepper to the syrupy mango finely chop fresh basil and add that to the relish.

drizzle 3 tsp honey onto trout then add orange mango basil relish. drizzle another 3 tsp of honey on top of orange mango basil relish then garnish with chopped stawberries.

will add pic when i can

Signature 

Check Out My Bass Articles on My Blog