Quantum Tour Question
Posted: 23 October 2008 04:08 PM   [ Ignore ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7262
Joined  2008-03-27

Ok so I was prowling through Gander Mt. today and saw a Quantum Tour rod on the sale rack. It was marked at 19.99 Of course i bought it. I cant figure out what the heck it is though. It says “Quantum Tour Pro IM7” and a tag that says PT on one of the eyes. I tried searching for it and cant figure out what it is. I tried searching the model # on it and got nothing. The model number is GMB701MC. Anyone know what this is and how much it retails for?

Signature 

“Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it’ll spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein

Posted: 23 October 2008 05:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Hawg
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  162
Joined  2008-08-07

Dont know what to tell you but if its a quantum tour Edition your one lucky man.

Signature 

The two best times to be fishing is when its rainin’ and when it ain’t.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Teach him how to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Men and fish are alike.  They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.

Posted: 23 October 2008 05:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-27

I figure im lucky anyway. Its got to be worth more than 19.99.

It was a combo that was missing a reel. The reel tag says quantum pt performance tuned. and the rod tag says “quantum PT”

Signature 

“Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it’ll spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein

Posted: 23 October 2008 05:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Hawg
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-08-07

Ya all the pt’s that quantum came out with is expensive so i think you got a awesome buy.

Signature 

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Teach him how to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Men and fish are alike.  They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.

Posted: 23 October 2008 05:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-27

This just baffles me. The tour editon says “quantum tour edition pt” on the rod. This one doesnt say any of that. It says tour pro. But the tag said “PT” in huge letters on it.

Signature 

Posted: 23 October 2008 06:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3199
Joined  2007-03-17

I believe that rod was a part of a combo package and was made for Gander Mountain.  The Gander Mountain in Novi, Mi has this rod but like I said only packaged with a Quantum Reel.  I want to say the package sold for around $80 but not sure on that didn’t pay much attention.  You wont find anything about this rod or combo on the Quantum wed site you will have to find the specs on Gander Mountians.

Signature 

Eat Sleep and Fish Skeeter

Posted: 23 October 2008 06:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-27

So its the “Tour Pro PT” Made for GM? It feels just like the tour edition pt.

Signature 

Posted: 23 October 2008 06:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Hawg
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-08-07

Can you post pics of the rod and tag, i’m sorta dumbfounded by this.

Signature 

Posted: 23 October 2008 06:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-27

I saved the tag just for that smile il upload in a lil.

Signature 

Posted: 23 October 2008 06:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-17

Its not the same rod and the Quantum tour editon Pt that Quantum has on their site really I wouldn’t even put it in the same catagory as the old tour edition from a few years ago.  Not saying its a bad rod but really not the same quality to me.

Signature 

Posted: 23 October 2008 06:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-27

The rod says IM7 HSX65 Blank on it so it looks like a good rod.

Signature 

Posted: 24 October 2008 01:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Hawg
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  131
Joined  2008-03-06

Quantum puts out rods for a few different retailers the KVD signature stuff is only at bass pro and you can only get info for them from bass pro, dicks has something similar with a Shaw Grigsby line of products so I would imagine that the first two letters of your model number say it all GM= Gander Mountain not that any of it is bad just not mainstream

Posted: 24 October 2008 08:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-17

Definately not a Quantum Pt rod then.  The rods label just reads Quantum TOUR E.D.I.T.I.O.N. PT.  No metion of IM7 HSX65 Blank.  The blank material is HSX62 high strain modulus graphite.  Still a very good rod just a package deal like I said before.

Signature