Quantum Energy e600Ti Replacement
Posted: 23 February 2009 09:54 AM   [ Ignore ]
Shad
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2009-02-21

I have 4 of the Quantum Energy e600Ti baitcast reels that I purchased maybe 8 or 9 years ago.  I like the reels but am going to update my collection.  Does anyone know which of the current Quantum Lineup are of a similar quality and feel to that series?    I seem to recall paying about $150 each back then.  The new Quantum Energy reels are a bit more than that.  The KVD Quantum reel from BPS is only $89 though just looking at the specs it seems like a nicer reel than what I have now.  (More bearings, less weight)  The tour editions look fantastic but more than I am going to spend for the limited amount of fishing I get to do.    I’m looking for a general purpose reel since I like to have all the same reels and rods and most of the time I’m fishing in smaller waters.

Great forum.  Thanks in advance for any assistance.

jeff

Lake Norman

Posted: 23 February 2009 07:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  451
Joined  2008-12-20

I was talking to one of the Quantum ProStaff at a local fishing show, and he told me that the Quantum Code and the KVD same reels just a couple more bearing in the KVD. He told me personally that I should stick to the Energy because I already have one, but a great bet would be the PT Accurist. Its a solid reel and there are some discussions on this forum about it.
http://www.kevinvandam.com/forums/viewthread/2615/

The PT Energy is also a great reel. Go by one of your local shops and see if the will give you that and/or the Accurist for cheap.

Signature 

Did video kill the radio star?

Some things are best kept as secrets. -Kevin VanDam

That is so H

Posted: 04 March 2009 10:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Crappie
RankRank
Total Posts:  53
Joined  2008-04-29

I have a bunch of different Quantums and one of my favorites is the ac500cx that was out 2 years ago.
Not as many bearings but, a rock solid reel that has never had any problems. You can get two for $99.00 at Simmons Sporting Goods on Ebay.
The Accurist I have is a nice reel but, is sometimes noisy and can be temperamental.
http://cgi.ebay.com/QUANTUM-ACCURIST-AC500CX-5BB-GOLD-REEL-2-FOR-99-99_W0QQitemZ200205526707QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item200205526707

While you are there, check there prices on the rest of things. These guys have it together.

Signature 

The Angler Report

Posted: 04 March 2009 10:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7262
Joined  2008-03-27

The quantum accurist pt AC500PT should be somewhat like the older energys.

Signature 

“Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it’ll spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein

‹‹ left vs. right      Tour Edition rod question ››