Guntersville Tornado
Posted: 11 April 2009 08:18 PM   [ Ignore ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  400
Joined  2007-04-30

Waterfront Cove and South Sauty Campground got hit by an EF-2 tornado Friday afternoon. The damage is pretty extensive. Let’s say a prayer for all who were affected by this and other storms throughout the south. I’m going over to Guntersville Thursday to pre-fish an upcoming tournament. We’re supposed to launch out of Waterfront. This may have to be reconsidered.

Posted: 11 April 2009 08:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1866
Joined  2008-06-28

Mother Nature is not pretty when she’s upset. And it doesnt seem to matter what your location is, she hits everyone in one form or another.

Have they estimated the cost of the damage yet? Its going to be hard to rebound in this economy.

Signature 

“Formley Known As Miller Time”

Posted: 11 April 2009 08:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3414
Joined  2008-11-12

Lets just hope that we don’t have a repeat of the Little Souix Boy Scout Camp. It scared me badly because i live only 35 min. away from the camp.

Signature 

Does sleeping with the fishes equate to basstiality? LOL LOL LOL

Posted: 11 April 2009 09:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  355
Joined  2009-02-26

Yah the weather was pretty rough here yesterday. There were tornadoes outside my town but didn’t hit us. We did get some golfball size hail though. G-ville did get hit bad, and those aren’t even the worse pics. Thankfully no one killed like up in Murphreesboro. Its that time of year so watch the weather for this area when they say bad thunderstorms.

Signature 

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Teach him how to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Posted: 11 April 2009 10:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5487
Joined  2007-03-04

Man I hate to see that happen. Ill have to google it and read more.

Signature 

Posted: 12 April 2009 01:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  649
Joined  2009-03-17

Yeah, scared the crap outta me.  I got family in Murphreesboro.  Thank God they were untouched by the tornadoes.

Signature 

One more fish, then I’ll come home.

Posted: 20 April 2009 11:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  355
Joined  2009-02-26

Another possible tornado yesterday evening around that area as well. Funnel clouds were reported to my west and through my city on east. The location of this one was south east of where I live. 1 person dead, 1 seriously injured. Its a rough time of year down here.

Signature 

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Teach him how to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.