need advice
Posted: 04 May 2009 05:29 PM   [ Ignore ]
Shad
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2009-05-04

im starting my collegiate career in fishing with UAB in a month i need some advice from anybody ill be fishing lay lake in the month of june so its the post spawn there i was thinking about fishing vegetation points creek channels drop offs ledges humps and any off shore structure i can find i was thinking about fishing the following baits frogs buzzbaits drop-shot rig texas rig carolina rig spoons deep and medium crankbaits maybe spinnerbaits i have been bass fishing for years now i have a z20 commanche and am getting a Hds 8 with navionics chips am i headed in the right direction with my tactics and styles if u have any further advice please dont hesitate to answer this post i need all the help i can get thanks alot!!!! any suggestions on baits for the drop shot rig or frogs?

Posted: 29 May 2009 10:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Shad
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2009-05-27

Nice boat.  It does look like you’re ready to go.  My only advice is,  throw what you have confidence in.  The tournament I just won was post spawn to down here in Florida and the red eye shad did it for me.  I’m not familiar with Lay Lake, but I would have a red eye shad that matches whatever baitfish the bass are feeding on.  They cast far if the fish start schooling and they catch fish in all depths.  I like all the other baits you’re throwing…good luck!

My other bait I always have on is a Horny Toad.  Again, down here in Florida, that’s a year round reaction bait for big bass.