1 of 2
Vicious Fishing Line.
Posted: 19 July 2009 07:59 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1866
Joined  2008-06-28

Have any of you guys used any of the Vicious line? My girlfriend is buying my birthday present early tomarrow. I even get it early wooo hooo. She’s getting me a Energy PT Burner. We was at the store she’s getting over the weekend and she asked what kind of line I wanted for it and I figured Id just pick something out there. I wanted some flourocarbon and started looking at what they had. Nothing special, same typical stuff as any where(sure wish someone carried Suffix flourocarbon) and I noticed they had some Vicious flourocarbon and it was 5-6 bucks cheaper than Berkley or PLine. Ive seen some pro’s use it but realisticly as much as they change their line they could probably use those cheap Shakesphere or Zebco lines Wal-Mart sells and do just fine. Im tryin not to settle any more and let the price factor as much as it was. But she’s buying me this reel this week and then a Energy PT rod for it in another week or two. I hate for her to drop 15-20 bucks on line, when this reel is going to take a chunk out of her savings. I probably dont have a choice in the matter now though, I was digging around Vicous web site and she wanted to look at it. Gerald Swindle apperantly is using it and she’s got a school girl heart throb crush on this man. So if she’s buying line Im getting Vicious….but hey who knows maybe it’ll also get me a G-man rob out of it some day….

Signature 

“Formley Known As Miller Time”

Posted: 19 July 2009 08:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7262
Joined  2008-03-27

I have heard some GREAT reviews on vicious.

PS: You hooked a keeper.

Signature 

“Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it’ll spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein

Posted: 19 July 2009 08:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-06-28
BBK - 20 July 2009 12:02 AM

I have heard some GREAT reviews on vicious.

PS: You hooked a keeper.

U think? What if G-man becomes single….HAHA

Guess what I got her for her birthday

Signature 

Posted: 19 July 2009 08:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-27

A Gerald Swindle autograph?

Signature 

“Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it’ll spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein

Posted: 19 July 2009 08:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-06-28

Nah she wanted new spinning gear got her a shaksphere lady uglystick combo, and going to get her a plueger lady trion this weekend. And a pink plano….lol

Signature 

Posted: 19 July 2009 08:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-27

Those lady trions are sweet. I almost bought one for my mom for a mothers day present. I was going to buy one for my fishing bud for a graduation present but decided I would give him cash instead.

Signature 

Posted: 19 July 2009 08:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-06-28

Im having trouble on decideing on which one to get her. For what she does there is absoluetly nothing wrong with that UglyStik its a 6’ 6” M action rod. Now the reel that thing will have to adventually be replaced. And I told her that when we got it, been looking a another Lady Trion on ebay, but most of the reels Ive found are refurbished w/out a handle. But on the Plueger do I get her a light action rod cos she likes to panfish, she loves throwing baits small enough you need a float to cast.

Signature 

Posted: 19 July 2009 08:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-27

ML is a great all purpose rod/ reel. You can throw crappie jigs, bobbers, and small bass lures with it.

Trions are good reels but you NEED to keep them oiled and greased. They take more maintenance than any reel I have ever seen.

20 series reel would be good.

Signature 

Posted: 19 July 2009 08:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-06-28

Ive thought about just getting her something non-pink. That I know is a good reel, but I know how much she likes pink.

Signature 

Posted: 19 July 2009 08:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-27

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1313&_nkw=OKUMA+CALYNN+PINK+&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Signature 

Posted: 19 July 2009 08:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-06-28

Wish Id seen that b4 I got her that UglyStik. Might go ahead after all Im getting a Energy combo…lol. She wants a pink Plano to boot….hmmmm

TTP told me to get her something girly to boot or I’ll never hear the end of it in the long run. He told me to trust him on that one…..

Signature 

Posted: 19 July 2009 08:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-27

You should trust TTP. Maybe you can find just the reel somewhere?

Signature 

Posted: 19 July 2009 09:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5487
Joined  2007-03-04

Sounds like a couple nice gifts for your b-day man. Now put them to good use. I dont know about the Viscious line. Never used it. Im looking at Sunline Shooter 16lb flouro right now. If the price is good I may pick up a couple spools of it to test out. Also, I know what you mean about G-man. My girl lovers her some Swindle. A couple years back at Oneida I was on the phone with her when Gerald walked by. I yelled out ” G-man, my GF says hi” he comes over and grabs the phone and walked away talking to her. A couple minutes later he walked up smiling and said ” got her all warmed up for ya hoss”. lol

Signature 

Posted: 19 July 2009 09:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1889
Joined  2009-02-05
Miller Time - 19 July 2009 11:59 PM

Have any of you guys used any of the Vicious line? My girlfriend is buying my birthday present early tomarrow. I even get it early wooo hooo. She’s getting me a Energy PT Burner. We was at the store she’s getting over the weekend and she asked what kind of line I wanted for it and I figured Id just pick something out there. I wanted some flourocarbon and started looking at what they had. Nothing special, same typical stuff as any where(sure wish someone carried Suffix flourocarbon) and I noticed they had some Vicious flourocarbon and it was 5-6 bucks cheaper than Berkley or PLine. Ive seen some pro’s use it but realisticly as much as they change their line they could probably use those cheap Shakesphere or Zebco lines Wal-Mart sells and do just fine. Im tryin not to settle any more and let the price factor as much as it was. But she’s buying me this reel this week and then a Energy PT rod for it in another week or two. I hate for her to drop 15-20 bucks on line, when this reel is going to take a chunk out of her savings. I probably dont have a choice in the matter now though, I was digging around Vicous web site and she wanted to look at it. Gerald Swindle apperantly is using it and she’s got a school girl heart throb crush on this man. So if she’s buying line Im getting Vicious….but hey who knows maybe it’ll also get me a G-man rob out of it some day….

i use the viscious flouro…great stuff, better than the other stuff i’ve used….never used the mono.

Posted: 12 October 2009 03:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Shad
Rank
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2009-10-06

ive had nothing but bad results.it feel brittle and when you cast it it comes off like a coiled spring

Posted: 12 October 2009 05:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1155
Joined  2009-02-04

^ if you put it on a spinning reel, you must have spooled it on backwards, otherwise it wouldnt be springing off.

Signature 

This planet is covered with men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish.

Somebody just back of you while you are fishing is as bad as someone looking over your shoulder while you write a letter to your girl.

1 of 2