1 of 2
muddy river fishing
Posted: 20 July 2009 02:03 PM   [ Ignore ]
Shad
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2009-07-09

can somebody please help me with bass fishing in a muddy river or atleast,  what kinds of lures work best having trouble catchen them in this type of water and maybe a couple of hotspots for bass   thanks signed desperate!!!!! shock

Posted: 20 July 2009 02:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7262
Joined  2008-03-27

Cant beat a white spinnerbait in muddy rivers.

Signature 

“Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it’ll spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein

Posted: 20 July 2009 03:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3199
Joined  2007-03-17

Look to bright spinnerbaits with a big single colorado blade and fish in tight to cover banging it off stumps,  longs,  rocks and anything else you can find.  Another great lure would be jig black,  black/chartruese, black/red or black/purple. You want a color that will sillouette in the dark colored water and pitch or flip the jig tight to the cover again.  When the water is muddy the fish will pull tight to the cover and hunt with their lateral line more than with thier site.  so use rattles in the jigs and use other lures that put off a vibration so the fish can locate and eat your offering.

Signature 

Eat Sleep and Fish Skeeter

Posted: 20 July 2009 04:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2386
Joined  2007-08-21

i do same things as not muddy, except colors, i still look for shad activity and if they are main river, mouths or back in creeks, then i match size, but with muddy water i do what QM said, i normally use a small white spinnerbait with willows, now i will use small chart spinnerbait with colorado, also small chart/blue cranks such as bandit 100’s. If im going to flip i use a black/blue or red shad sweet beaver. if its muddy ill switch from small buzzbait to a pop-r to allow them to hone in on it easier.

Signature 

Posted: 20 July 2009 05:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3416
Joined  2008-11-12

My favorite lure for fishing muddy water is a chart/blue back shallow diving crankbait. You need to fish really close to shore and bang it off of anything you can find.

Signature 

Does sleeping with the fishes equate to basstiality? LOL LOL LOL

Posted: 20 July 2009 08:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1326
Joined  2008-09-22
quantum-man - 20 July 2009 07:15 PM

Look to bright spinnerbaits with a big single colorado blade and fish in tight to cover banging it off stumps,  longs,  rocks and anything else you can find.  Another great lure would be jig black,  black/chartruese, black/red or black/purple. You want a color that will sillouette in the dark colored water and pitch or flip the jig tight to the cover again.  When the water is muddy the fish will pull tight to the cover and hunt with their lateral line more than with thier site.  so use rattles in the jigs and use other lures that put off a vibration so the fish can locate and eat your offering.

Me too. I like Cranks banging off cover under the water. I will usually use a black color for muddy water. Muddy is hard for me to fish too. I like Black water, or clear.

Signature 

http://www.livingwaters.com
Trust in Jesus. He will never leave you, nor forsake you.
He will never let you down.

Posted: 20 July 2009 08:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-27

My favorite muddy water lure is a $1.00 blue head, white skirt 1 willow 1 Colorado blade spinnerbait from walmart. When the water is muddy, that is what I throw.

Signature 

“Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it’ll spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein

Posted: 21 July 2009 12:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Shad
Rank
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2009-06-24

muddy water i like throwing chartruse rapalas or big dark colored plastics.

Posted: 21 July 2009 01:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Shad
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2009-07-21
BBK - 21 July 2009 12:40 AM

My favorite muddy water lure is a $1.00 blue head, white skirt 1 willow 1 Colorado blade spinnerbait from walmart. When the water is muddy, that is what I throw.

I second that. But, I use put a bright colored trailer grub on it as well.

Posted: 21 July 2009 01:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  680
Joined  2009-01-14

Are you fishing from a boat or bank, Smb or Lmb?

Signature 

KNUCK KNUCK KNUCK

Posted: 21 July 2009 03:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-11-12

I was wondering if anybody ever threw any type of topwater in muddy water?????

Signature 

Posted: 21 July 2009 03:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1703
Joined  2009-07-07

In dirty water I like to fish two colors of 7” & 10” Original PowerBait Worms. Black, and Black Blue flake worms on a Texas rig seem to do the trick in muddy water. Sometimes in dirty water I have to put the worm right in their face to get a bite. A top water bait I have used in the same conditions is a Black Gambler Cane Toad.

Signature 

Hope you catch your biggest bass ever on your next fishing trip.

Posted: 21 July 2009 04:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-27
LilJakeC - 21 July 2009 07:22 PM

I was wondering if anybody ever threw any type of topwater in muddy water?????

Yes. Pop R is a great lure to use in muddy water. It throws and spits water everywhere.

Signature 

Posted: 21 July 2009 04:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-11-12

would a black spook or a buzzbait work well or is the buzzbait to fast of a lure to be fished in muddy water????

Signature 

Posted: 21 July 2009 04:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-27

Use a double or triple blade buzzbait. The more commotion the easier the bass will find your lure. I would think the black spook wouldn’t make enough commotion for the bass to locate it in muddy water, but if you find some partially stained water it should work.

Signature 

Posted: 21 July 2009 04:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-11-12

I am looking at BPS online right now and can’t find a Pop R in black. What color would you recommend on getting???

Signature 

1 of 2

‹‹ Boat Cover???      jig fishing ››