1 of 3
Baseball moves
Posted: 24 July 2009 12:29 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2386
Joined  2007-08-21

Cardinals went from a suprise with all the rookies and small ball to a pretty potent lineup with Pujols, Holliday, Ludwig and Derosa

Looks like Halliday will be Phillies or Dodgers or stay till the free agence and the yankees buy him

Signature 

Posted: 24 July 2009 12:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7262
Joined  2008-03-27

Doesn’t matter what the cards do, they have no pitching. They need to pick up 2 or 3 good pitchers so they can actually win a game.

Signature 

“Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it’ll spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein

Posted: 24 July 2009 12:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-08-21

they have 2 good starters, 2 decent starters, and 1 they need to dump, most teams only have 3 good starters and 2 that reek.

Carpenter 8-3 with 2.26 era, 2nd best in NL
Wainwright 11-6, 3rd best wins in NL
Pinero has been pitching good, loshe has struggled, but its cause batters arent helping him.

Gotta admit, i would rather have A miles back as out 5th starter even if hes not a pitcher.

Chicagos best pitcher is just 9-7,
Milw best is 8-7

Its houston i worry about the most.

and we only have less than half of the cubs 300 million dollar payroll.

Signature 

Posted: 24 July 2009 01:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-27

I agree 100%. I cant believe how much duncan sucked this year.

Signature 

“Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it’ll spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein

Posted: 24 July 2009 01:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-08-21

yeah, but he does have potential. I liked them dumping him, but not for Lugo. I still wish they would trade Ankiel, hes slumping, we already have a Center fielder and Boras is his agent and we wont keep him anyway.

I actually like talking smack to Cubs fan, but our rivalry is more fun than Yankees /red sox, we travel there and they come here and fans still get along, its just a fun rivalry and i hope both teams can stay 1 and 2 for a long time.

Signature 

Posted: 24 July 2009 01:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2095
Joined  2008-04-08
Top10 - 24 July 2009 05:37 PM

I actually like talking smack to Cubs fan, but our rivalry is more fun than Yankees /red sox, we travel there and they come here and fans still get along, its just a fun rivalry and i hope both teams can stay 1 and 2 for a long time.

With the Cards as #1.

Signature 

My wife is my favorite fishing partner.

Posted: 24 July 2009 01:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-08-21

lol, true and of course

Signature 

Posted: 24 July 2009 02:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-27

Isn’t it about the right time for the cubs to start flopping? I think its around the first of august that they start to drop.

Signature 

Posted: 24 July 2009 02:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-08-21

not last few years, its september. next few days will be make or break for us, Phillies are on a roll right now. Houston has the mets and should roll over them, Brewers should split with braves, and cubs should split with reds. Im looking at Houston taking over 1st in next week or so.

Signature 

Posted: 24 July 2009 02:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-27

Hopefully I cant get the games up in MN.

Signature 

Posted: 24 July 2009 02:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1989
Joined  2009-02-17

I’m surprised the Braves haven’t traded Tommy Hanson & 3 or 4 of their other top prospects for Halladay so they can not make the playoffs this year & suck next year & trade him for a serviceable right hander & spare parts before he hits free agency like they did with Tex. God their front office & ownership have really made me indifferent towards baseball.

Signature 

Posted: 24 July 2009 02:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-08-21

we had to make some moves, Albert already said him staying isnt about money, he wanted them to put a winning team out there and he will stay. Hes worth more than a-rod, but we couldnt pay him that, but he said he wont need big money if they are committed to winning.

Halliday will be a good pick up, at least they have him a year and a half. Thats why phillies are looking at him, they can shoot for 3 world series in a row before thier team dismantles.

Signature 

Posted: 24 July 2009 03:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1866
Joined  2008-06-28

I think this could prove to either be the deal to put the Cards over, or the deal that signals the end of Holliday. Rember guys like Ellis Burks, Dante Bichette who had great seasons in Colorado only to do nothing before or after? Burks was a solid player I’ll admit but Bichette was a glorified Russell Branyan. There is alot of other guys who fits this list, but Im drawing a blank.

As far as pitching goes, I think the Cardinals has the best depth in the Central. IF Carpenter stays healthy, and probably one of the most under valued bull pens in baseball. The question I think is does the Cardinals have the pitching to compete when it matters.

As a Reds fan I was hopeing they’d stay in contention and maybe make a move for Doc Hallady and sent Toronto a package that would land them both or one of Vernon Wells and Scott Rolen. From a outsiders perspective, Id sent dang near anything the Jays wanted. Personaly I was thinking something along the lines as Homer Bailey and or Michah Owings, Edwin Encarnacion, Jay Bruce or Drew Stubbs, Aflonzo kid they drafted last year(with Votto dont need 2 1B), and 2-3 more prospects. The Reds farm system is loaded with talent only problem is it seems to not materialize as far as the pitching goes, and its a log jam in the OF and corners. Wont happen now that appearenatly Harang, Arroyo, Cordero, Rhodes, Weathers and Hariston are on the market. Only what 6.5 out and everyone but the Pirates to leap frog…lol

Signature 

“Formley Known As Miller Time”

Posted: 24 July 2009 03:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2095
Joined  2008-04-08

One pitcher you forgot to mention is Ryan Franklin:
1.25 era; 22 saves out of 24 opportunities; 2-1 record; only 5 earned runs allowed (2 of those were in his only loss this past Wednesday).

Signature 

My wife is my favorite fishing partner.

Posted: 24 July 2009 03:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-08-21

i think the reds will stick around all year and Walt Jockety is great at mid season trades, Rolon would be a good catch.

Signature 

Posted: 24 July 2009 07:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1866
Joined  2008-06-28

Do you guys rember when Franklin first popped on to the scene in Seattle and there was constant comparisons to Randy Johnson? I think he might of finally found his place in MLB, but Im one guy that has to see a guy do it for 3 years before I start to beleive. Way to many come and go.

Signature 

“Formley Known As Miller Time”

1 of 3

‹‹ Lance Armstrong      sports on TV ››