quantum flip’n sticks question
Posted: 27 July 2009 10:13 AM   [ Ignore ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  451
Joined  2008-03-31

hey anyone got any idea which quantum rod kvd uses as his pitch’n and flip’n stick when he uses it?
also does he use a differnt rod with flip’n soft plastics when he does when flip’n jigs?

i was looking at Tommy Biffles rods and was wondering if kvd has a simular set up out?

Signature 

Check Out My Bass Articles on My Blog

Posted: 27 July 2009 01:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Crappie
RankRank
Total Posts:  45
Joined  2009-07-13

Hey Basshunter69. KVD uses a 7 ft. Medium Heavy action rod for pitching, and a 7 and a half foot Heavy action rod for flipping. He uses Quantum rods and reels exclusively. So he probably uses their Tour Edition Rods.

Posted: 27 July 2009 02:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-31

yeah i realize that KGA1986 and thanks for your answer.

but im looking for the exact rods kvd uses. there is nothing on the quantum website as to what rod’s kvd uses for pitching and flipping. so how do i go about finding out how to order the exact rod kvd uses for these techniques? i know kvd is very picky about his rods and the equipment he uses i feel like i need to be as picky to better myself as an angler.

also tommy biffles pitch’n and flip’n rods are quantums.
take a look here on the quantum website http://www.quantumfishing.com/prod_pages/SigRods.htm

i’d really like some input on this subject before i shell out some hard earned dough as for 2 or 3 really decent rods i may be looking at 500 bucks or more. its not the money im thinking of though its how the rod is made, sensitivity,weight of rod,and the specics of what makes a good stick for pitch’n and for flip’n, as well as punch’n matts! another thing is what makes these rods good for braid or the flip’n sticks that you shouldnt use braid on? whats the differnce in those 2 rod types? so all you guys who are quantum boys im hoping you’ll chime in here. as i still have a million and 1 questions lol

Signature 

Posted: 27 July 2009 02:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  648
Joined  2009-02-15

Kvd tends to not flip and pitch that much. He says fishing a texas rigged worm or plastic is painfully slow for him, so if he can he will power fish. I know he does flip and pitch in some tournaments, so it would be interesting to find out what rods he uses for that technique. I rarely ever see him use a superlight and im not sure why, I love my superlights. Also, I have heard nothing but great things about the Hackney flippin sticks if your looking for a good one other than the tommy biffle.

Signature 

“NEVER GIVE UP”-Mike Iaconelli

Posted: 28 July 2009 07:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-31

Didn’t kvd come up with a jig rod? im reasoning he may he because i ve heard so many times “i’ve learned you dont just pick up any rod and start casting.” after all from what i know of kvd he will do what it takes to win and i do know he does use jigs, and plastics now and then. after all remember the tournament this year he won on a swimbait and shakeyhead?

Signature 

Posted: 28 July 2009 09:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5487
Joined  2007-03-04

Kevin uses the older 7’4 H Tour rods a lot when he is flipping.
This rod.

Signature 

Posted: 28 July 2009 09:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-31

i found this site that shows the custom quantum rods and it explains these rods quite well i think

http://www.quantumfishing.com/CustomShop/ShopRods.htm

when im looking at a flip’n stick when is the best time to use braid?

Signature 

Posted: 14 December 2009 03:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Shad
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2009-12-14

ya, when KVD does flip he usually prefers a 7’4” Heavy Quantum Tour Edition Rod.