Muddy water finesse fishing
Posted: 01 August 2009 04:18 PM   [ Ignore ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3416
Joined  2008-11-12

Does anybody finesse fish when the water is muddy????

Signature 

Does sleeping with the fishes equate to basstiality? LOL LOL LOL

Posted: 01 August 2009 04:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5487
Joined  2007-03-04

I have before but dont do it on a regular basis. If you do choose to give it a try I have found that Zoom Mag Finesse worms in dark colors work well. You can also add a worm rattle to one end for some sound. Once you get your bait in the water remember to leave it in a spot a little longer then normal. You have to give the fish time to locate the bait in dirty water. Something else you may want to try is to add a couple glass beads above your sinker…........this way when you are shaking your worm your creating additional sounds from your sinker.

Signature 

Posted: 01 August 2009 06:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  649
Joined  2009-03-17

I have tried it, but didn’t have much action.  Ended up giving it up and going to a single colorado spinnerbait slow-rolled, and when I say slow-rolled I mean SLOW-rolled.  It got me a couple bites.  This was less than 1 foot visibility though, right after a heavy rain.

Signature 

One more fish, then I’ll come home.

Posted: 01 August 2009 07:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  803
Joined  2008-01-30

I’ve never done it in muddy water, but quite a bit in stained water. Its really important to know that your on fish if you do it tho. Youll be wasting alot of time if you randomly finesse fish in dirty water but if theres a consentration of fish in the area it can work for some extra bites. the bait absolutely has to be in the strike zone tho.

Signature 

Sling a 5 pounder in the boat

Posted: 01 August 2009 07:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7262
Joined  2008-03-27

Tried it… doesn’t work too well. Finesse jigs work well for people in the spring here. They throw them into the brush and just shake them, I always end up losing more jigs than anything.

Signature 

“Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it’ll spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein

Posted: 01 August 2009 09:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1703
Joined  2009-07-07

Yes, I finesse fish in murky dirty water. I finess fish near any kind of cover.  There is one lake I fish that has about six inches of visibility. Sometimes I when I do not get a bite on a reaction bait I will start to finesse fish. I use small 1/4oz jigs, weightless finesse worms, a BPS Tiny beaver, and even a drop shot rig. I always make sure that whatever bait I use is either black, black/ blue, or June bug. A Bumblebee swirl colored Yum Dinger is another bait that seems to work well in the same dirty conditions.

Signature 

Hope you catch your biggest bass ever on your next fishing trip.

Posted: 02 August 2009 01:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1521
Joined  2008-05-21

Not really ever.  I flip and pitch jigs, T rigs…cranks and spinner baits in dirty water.  I don’t think I have ever tossed anything out there with less than a 3/16oz weight on it.  Not saying I wont fish very, very slow…but finesse….dont you need a spinning rig for that?????? Nah….not in the boat unless I have water clarity and spooky fish…even then….I will think about it.

Signature 

Rangers Lead the Way!

Sponsors
http://www.cachecustomlures.com
http://www.dobynsrods.com
http://www.hydrillagear.com
http://www.allterraintackle.com

Posted: 07 August 2009 11:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1703
Joined  2009-07-07

I don’t feel it is absolutely necessary to use spinning tackle for finesse fishing. For example, I use a baitcaster most of the time for fishing a drop shot rig. I use 12lb fluorocarbon line, and a 6’6 rod. I use the heavier finesse set up in lakes with more vegetation. I also use a baitcaster for fishing senko worms wacky style because I can cast them really far. I don’t use a spinning rod very often, but I do finesse fish when conditions call for it. even in dirty water.

Signature 

Hope you catch your biggest bass ever on your next fishing trip.

Posted: 27 September 2009 07:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1808
Joined  2009-09-27

i finese muddy water only a little, if i have fish pinned down and have allready caught some on a crank or something, and just wanna pull some more off. for the most part a zoom trick finnese gets the job done. but sometimes i like throwin em on isolated bushes when they wont hit a creature.

Posted: 28 September 2009 04:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Hawg
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  203
Joined  2009-02-03

Have not done much finese in muddy water….also remember that just because it is muddy on the surface, doesnt mean it is muddy @ 15+ feet deep

Posted: 29 September 2009 12:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1895
Joined  2008-01-18

When the water is muddy, I usually fish flooded brush with jigs because the only time water is muddy is after a big rain storm. I usually cast to a bush 5-10 times if it looks good and just finesse it around in the bush. I like using a big jig the best in black/blue. I have waited up to 2 minutes on one cast to get a bite from a fish that was in a bush.

Signature 

“Everybody wanna be big, everybody wanna be strong, everybody wanna be a bodybuilder or powerlifter, but nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight, but I DO!!!!” - Ronnie Coleman

‹‹ Old vs. New      KVD Tour rods ››