1 of 3
This Summer’s Hot Bait
Posted: 13 August 2009 08:25 PM   [ Ignore ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  649
Joined  2009-03-17

What has been the consistent producer this year?  Last year it was crankbaits.  They always seemed to catch fish, no matter where or when.  This year, it has been topwater frogs and weightless plastics for me.  I can throw cranks and spinnerbaits all day long and get maybe a couple bites, but as soon as I tie on a frog and hit the grass and pads, it just seems to light up.  That or flipping a weightless beaver craw underneath overhangs and around grass.

Signature 

One more fish, then I’ll come home.

Posted: 13 August 2009 08:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1989
Joined  2009-02-17

Frogs & senkos have been my go to lures this summer. I’ve gotten some on spinnerbaits too, but not the greatest size or consistent activity on them. I should be trying some different things, but I’m of the opinion, if it’s not broke, don’t fix it & if they’re biting on something, ride it out till they’re not then try something else.

Signature 

Posted: 13 August 2009 09:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3416
Joined  2008-11-12

Well for my home lake the chart/blue back crankbait has been a killer. When I went on vacation to Minnesota and Lake of the Ozarks a spook, buzzbait, and popper have been killers. I would have to say that the spook has caught me the most fish this summer with the chart/blue back crankbait is a close second.

Signature 

Does sleeping with the fishes equate to basstiality? LOL LOL LOL

Posted: 13 August 2009 09:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1155
Joined  2009-02-04

well the squirtbait, and beavers have worked well for me.

Signature 

This planet is covered with men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish.

Somebody just back of you while you are fishing is as bad as someone looking over your shoulder while you write a letter to your girl.

Posted: 13 August 2009 10:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1703
Joined  2009-07-07

This year I am a really big fan of the new jig heads for fishing Senko wacky style. I like both the Jackal Flick Shake head, and the Zappu Inchi Wacky Jig Heads. I like using the jigheads because it gets the bait down in the strike zone without loosing any action. My new favorite Senko style worm is the Strike King Ocho. It has great action, I like the scent, and Ochos cost less than Yamamoto Senkos. The three colors of Ochos that have worked well for me are Baby Bass, Okeechobee Craw, and June Bug.

Signature 

Hope you catch your biggest bass ever on your next fishing trip.

Posted: 13 August 2009 11:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5487
Joined  2007-03-04

Early in the summer it was a frog. Now its a jig or big worm.

Signature 

Posted: 13 August 2009 11:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  803
Joined  2008-01-30

Yeah big worms been consistent for me too. I dont know why, it just seems like the fish have been kinda sluggish this year but maybe its all in my head.

Signature 

Sling a 5 pounder in the boat

Posted: 14 August 2009 12:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Crappie
RankRank
Total Posts:  49
Joined  2008-07-12

Senkos wacky rigged in bubblegum color have worked better than anything else or any other color ive thrown…

Posted: 14 August 2009 12:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  451
Joined  2008-12-20

Zoom Brush Hogs and Baby Brush Hogs have been my go to bait along with the Strike King Rage Tail Space Monkey. I just flip those in and around boat docks and pencil reeds. I went out with CBASSMaster one day and we weren’t having much luck. We broke out some cranks and I caught a couple small bass and a little pike. It was my first time using a crank to.

Signature 

Did video kill the radio star?

Some things are best kept as secrets. -Kevin VanDam

That is so H

Posted: 14 August 2009 07:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2098
Joined  2008-04-08

Luck ‘‘E’’ Strike Bass Magic Swimbaits.

I wanted to start throwing a swimbait this year and these were on sale at Walmart.  They produced early in the season when I ‘slow rolled’ them deep and they have produced in the heat of summer at the edges of the weeds.

I’ll be looking at different makes next year (or later this year) like the Yum Money Minnow or the Berkley Power Bait.

Signature 

My wife is my favorite fishing partner.

Posted: 14 August 2009 09:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  680
Joined  2009-01-14

For me this year it has been doing the ol’erie drag with gidzit tubes. Iv had to force myself to slow down this year and it has worked. Although I busted my tube rod last week on a hookset I was so PO’d!! Anyone have a decent 6’6” or 7’ ML spinning rod for sale?

Signature 

KNUCK KNUCK KNUCK

Posted: 14 August 2009 09:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1703
Joined  2009-07-07

I have a 6’6” Med-light, Fast Action St. Croix Triumph spinning rod, and an a Abu Garcia Cardinal 6’6” Med action I could part with if you made me an offer. Both rods are in good shape, and have not been used much. I just have not used my spinning tackle a lot after I bought my Revo, and my BPS Pro Qualifier baitcasters. The St. Croix is a one Pcs, and the Abu is a two Pcs rod.

Signature 

Hope you catch your biggest bass ever on your next fishing trip.

Posted: 14 August 2009 10:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7262
Joined  2008-03-27

Smallies- zoom finesse worm on a 1/16oz lead head.
Largemouth- Sebile Magic Swimmer.

Signature 

“Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it’ll spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein

Posted: 14 August 2009 02:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3416
Joined  2008-11-12

Got to love those Pro Q’s bassfishallthetime.

Signature 

Does sleeping with the fishes equate to basstiality? LOL LOL LOL

Posted: 14 August 2009 02:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3199
Joined  2007-03-17

For me its been a Lucky Craft Gunfish 95 and a 5/16 oz round ball finesse jig with a Zoom double tail fat albert grub.  My top colors have been the sunfish color for the gunfish,  the jig colors have been pb&j;with a pb&j;fat albert twin tail grub and a color called bruiser black/blue and purple with a smallie beaver in penetration.

Signature 

Eat Sleep and Fish Skeeter

Posted: 14 August 2009 02:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  649
Joined  2009-03-17

Wow, all sorts of stuff.  I looked at one of those Magic Swimmers today BBK, I just couldn’t pay 15+ for it.

Signature 

One more fish, then I’ll come home.

1 of 3

‹‹ Which lure to choose?      Wind, wind, wind ››