1 of 2
Exercise Question
Posted: 03 October 2009 03:04 PM   [ Ignore ]
Shad
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2009-02-04

I’m having some problems with my casting arm “Shoulder pain ”

Do you do any strech exercises or do anything to prevent this from happening?

Posted: 03 October 2009 03:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Hawg
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  203
Joined  2009-02-03

I have had problems in the past with tennis elbow…Its like everything else…the more you do it, the more used to the motion your body will get.
most people dont have there hands up by there shoulder a couple hundred times in a few hours.

Just eat a large breakfast….maybe the plate to mouth motion will get you good and warmed up…...lol

Posted: 03 October 2009 04:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5487
Joined  2007-03-04

I know a few guys will swing there arms in wide circles…both foward and backwards…to warm up their muscles. Maybe try some light stretching with your upper back, chest and arms.

Signature 

Posted: 22 October 2009 04:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1895
Joined  2008-01-18
wvbassangler - 03 October 2009 07:04 PM

I’m having some problems with my casting arm “Shoulder pain ”

Do you do any strech exercises or do anything to prevent this from happening?

Get into the gym and do some lifting. Ever since I started lifting, my shoulder and casting pains have gone away.

Signature 

“Everybody wanna be big, everybody wanna be strong, everybody wanna be a bodybuilder or powerlifter, but nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight, but I DO!!!!” - Ronnie Coleman

Posted: 22 October 2009 05:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Shad
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2009-02-04

thanks guys I got to try something

Posted: 23 October 2009 09:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  680
Joined  2009-01-14

P90X!!!

My wife bought it for me I think she was tellin me I was getting fat or something. Prior to doing this workout I use to get MAJOR muscle fatigue and pain in my casting arm plus I’d get home from a tournament or fishing all day and be dead tired. I havient had any pain in months I’m using muscles I dont think I’v used since flippen school day’s!! Sounds stupid but has worked for me.

Signature 

KNUCK KNUCK KNUCK

Posted: 23 October 2009 11:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-04
riverfisher - 23 October 2009 01:05 PM

P90X!!!

My wife bought it for me I think she was tellin me I was getting fat or something. Prior to doing this workout I use to get MAJOR muscle fatigue and pain in my casting arm plus I’d get home from a tournament or fishing all day and be dead tired. I havient had any pain in months I’m using muscles I dont think I’v used since flippen school day’s!! Sounds stupid but has worked for me.

Thats what Skeet has been using. Notice how much he bulked up from the 08 season?

Signature 

Posted: 23 October 2009 11:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  680
Joined  2009-01-14

In all seriousness, I thought it was gonna be a crap I couldn’t believe my wife spent the money on it at the time. The results have so far have been awesome im on my second month and have lost close to 10 pounds!! My only problem is the diet for me it’s hard to pass up a Double quarter pounder with cheese!!! The workout in all is really intence you have to be in somewhat ok shape before starting it I think. Good so far I recomend it I had no clue ol’Skeete was doin it that’s cool. I’ll be completely ripped by spring!!

Signature 

KNUCK KNUCK KNUCK

Posted: 23 October 2009 11:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7262
Joined  2008-03-27

I just curl the 5lbers I catch. smile

Signature 

“Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it’ll spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein

Posted: 23 October 2009 05:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-04
BBK - 23 October 2009 03:27 PM

I just curl the 5lbers I catch. smile

lol, 5lb drums!

Signature 

Posted: 23 October 2009 06:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7262
Joined  2008-03-27

I never said bass LOL

Signature 

“Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it’ll spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein

Posted: 24 October 2009 05:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1356
Joined  2009-03-08

Bill Dance had a great show on angler aches and pains.  I tried to find it but couldn’t.  I fart around w/ fly fishing using 8wt rods and that wears me out.  My frog pole does the same.  Maybe it’s conditioning, or warm up and cool down stuff.  I’d like to hear what KVD or some other pros have to say on this.  I wonder if pros have any lower back issues from standing?

Posted: 24 October 2009 06:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-04
RiverRat - 24 October 2009 09:09 PM

Bill Dance had a great show on angler aches and pains.  I tried to find it but couldn’t.  I fart around w/ fly fishing using 8wt rods and that wears me out.  My frog pole does the same.  Maybe it’s conditioning, or warm up and cool down stuff.  I’d like to hear what KVD or some other pros have to say on this.  I wonder if pros have any lower back issues from standing?

A lot of the guys get lower back pain and joint pain from standing and the repetitive motions involved in fishing. Off the top of my head I know Denny Breaur, Mark Tucker, Swindle and Dustin Wilks all have had surgeries.

Signature 

Posted: 26 October 2009 06:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-18
riverfisher - 23 October 2009 03:15 PM

In all seriousness, I thought it was gonna be a crap I couldn’t believe my wife spent the money on it at the time. The results have so far have been awesome im on my second month and have lost close to 10 pounds!! My only problem is the diet for me it’s hard to pass up a Double quarter pounder with cheese!!! The workout in all is really intence you have to be in somewhat ok shape before starting it I think. Good so far I recomend it I had no clue ol’Skeete was doin it that’s cool. I’ll be completely ripped by spring!!

P90x is a great program if you are looking to tone out and get ripped. It will add some muscle mass as well. I might start it myself after my bulk. Im trying to hit 225 by spring, theres bound to be some extra body fat. It would be awesome to be a ripped 225-250.

Signature 

“Everybody wanna be big, everybody wanna be strong, everybody wanna be a bodybuilder or powerlifter, but nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight, but I DO!!!!” - Ronnie Coleman

Posted: 26 October 2009 06:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1326
Joined  2008-09-22

I have also taken notice to P90X, I think it could do me good too. Just trying to loose what pounds I got on my belly.  I wouldn’t mined adding another 35 40 pounds though. I have a friend that’s 6’6” tall and about 400 pounds. And I mean big built too. He’s a big mother too. Nobody will mess with him. Of course noone messes with me eather. But to stay healthier I wouldn’t mind taking it up.

Signature 

http://www.livingwaters.com
Trust in Jesus. He will never leave you, nor forsake you.
He will never let you down.

Posted: 26 October 2009 06:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-18
James - 26 October 2009 10:27 PM

I have also taken notice to P90X, I think it could do me good too. Just trying to loose what pounds I got on my belly.  I wouldn’t mined adding another 35 40 pounds though. I have a friend that’s 6’6” tall and about 400 pounds. And I mean big built too. He’s a big mother too. Nobody will mess with him. Of course noone messes with me eather. But to stay healthier I wouldn’t mind taking it up.

What are your stats? (Height and weight) .

Signature 

1 of 2