Anyone got any tricks?
Posted: 15 January 2010 12:44 PM   [ Ignore ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  803
Joined  2008-01-30

And what i mean by that is.. a unique pattern. Sometimes we come across little patterns that you dont ever read about in magazines or hear on tv. For me the best example of that is, resturants on floating docks or by the lake shore. Ill always check those out to see if theres tons of baitfish there, because people will feed the bluegills crumbs and what not if they see them; and ofcourse that means bass will be close by if theres a huge concentration of baitfish.. and i’ve really caught alot of bass off that pattern. So what are some of the unheard of patterns youve come up with?

Signature 

Sling a 5 pounder in the boat

Posted: 15 January 2010 01:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3416
Joined  2008-11-12

I just read this on another forum that talks about how to fish a drop shot. One guy posted something about how you can use a shakey head as the weight with the dropshot up higher. This would let you know what the fish are going to be biting on a certain day.

Signature 

Does sleeping with the fishes equate to basstiality? LOL LOL LOL

Posted: 15 January 2010 03:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7262
Joined  2008-03-27

I’ve got a lure trick. Not sure if it will work but the theory seems logical. I’m going to try replacing the front treble on some cranks with feathered ones. Yes I said front. I figure it would give it a little more bulk and flash in the muddy water of the miss river.

Signature 

“Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it’ll spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein

Posted: 15 January 2010 04:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  680
Joined  2009-01-14

I’ll take off the rear treble hook on my chug bug and attach a ball bearing swivel, 1’ to 2’ of heavy mono and tie on a jig head with either a 4” curly tail or a 3” to 4” gulp minnow. Guy’s I have fished with have thought I was nuts until they saw it in action.

Signature 

KNUCK KNUCK KNUCK

Posted: 16 January 2010 02:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  725
Joined  2009-02-21
riverfisher - 15 January 2010 09:14 PM

I’ll take off the rear treble hook on my chug bug and attach a ball bearing swivel, 1’ to 2’ of heavy mono and tie on a jig head with either a 4” curly tail or a 3” to 4” gulp minnow. Guy’s I have fished with have thought I was nuts until they saw it in action.

riverfisher what size jig head,and do you use a round or sled?

Posted: 16 January 2010 02:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-14
bassfisher - 16 January 2010 07:56 AM
riverfisher - 15 January 2010 09:14 PM

riverfisher what size jig head,and do you use a round or sled?

I wont use anything larger then a 1/4 oz round jig head. I only say round because I’v never used a sled type. I’m sure that type would work also.  One other thing Iv done while drop shotting is texas rig a tube but before I run the hook all the way through the tube I’ll attach a bell weight or some other weight that the hook can run through. I’ll take a picture when I can get into my gear. Place a hook up top as you normally would texas rig a tube with the weight on the bottom. I’v caught many doubles with this one too smb really dig it when you find a good school.

Signature 

KNUCK KNUCK KNUCK

Posted: 17 January 2010 02:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  725
Joined  2009-02-21

thanks for the reply riverfisher,will try that trick with the jig following this year.by the way nice avatar. grin

Posted: 20 January 2010 01:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-14

This is a good one but I cant take credit I didn’t come up with it.

Rig a Rapala X-Rap then about 12-15 inches in from the lure put a splitshot on it so it will go down to the bottom. The weight will ride the bottom while the X-Rap is a foot or so off the bottom. Smallies can’t stand it and they gotta bite.

Signature 

KNUCK KNUCK KNUCK