1 of 2
How many times…...
Posted: 07 February 2010 11:13 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1866
Joined  2008-06-28

In anticipation of my first brown stained pants while fishing. I thought Id ask and see how many times have you guys fell out of your boat? I just got my boat middle of last summer, but from what I hear its one of those things. Where its just a matter of time, o yea and I cant swim!!!

Signature 

“Formley Known As Miller Time”

Posted: 07 February 2010 11:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  393
Joined  2009-11-08

I’ve never fell off my boat. But, i’m always sitting down when I fish. I don’t have a fishing deck, just 2 seats

Signature 

Eat, Sleep, Fish…

Posted: 07 February 2010 11:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3416
Joined  2008-11-12

I haven’t fell off of a boat just yet but I have fell in from shore like 5 times. My 1st time I fell in I was 7yrs old and on a dock in 4ft. of water. I haven’t been on vacation for more than 20mins. before I fell in. I was so scared when that happened.

Signature 

Does sleeping with the fishes equate to basstiality? LOL LOL LOL

Posted: 07 February 2010 11:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7262
Joined  2008-03-27

Twice, once in 12 feet of water with a life jacket, the other was in 2ft of water without.

Signature 

“Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it’ll spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein

Posted: 07 February 2010 11:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5487
Joined  2007-03-04

I fell out of my jon boat back in 07. I was taking a fish off the hook and not paying attention. The wind was pretty strong that day and it blew my boat right into a stump. Over I went, rod and fish in hand. Water was only 4 foot or so but it was still in the low 50’s. Cold experience and hope it never happens again.

Signature 

Posted: 07 February 2010 11:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Hawg
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  124
Joined  2010-02-06

LMAO yes it has happened to me once ALMOST, I was concentrating on a laydown while a pleassure boater came by really close and waked me and wouldn’t you know it I nail the TM, I went over so fast, luckily i grabbed the TM head and flung one leg over the gunwhale before hitting the water (man I was like a cat) with my butt kissing the water I was yelling at the wife to stop laughing and &*$% help me!!!! Only one butt cheak and one foot got wet smile  unforgetible memories

Posted: 07 February 2010 11:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1989
Joined  2009-02-17

Fell in the pond & a cowpie last year. Grass overgrowing a hole made by the cows going to the water to drink made my leg sink about a foot farther than I planned, so I lost it & fell in. I thought the cowpie was a patch of dirt on the side of a hill, but it was slippery & I went down.

Signature 

Posted: 08 February 2010 03:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1326
Joined  2008-09-22

never. Came close once in a small storm on a lake with 3 to 4 foot waves. Caught a fish and was releasing it and the boat had gotten a little off couse and turned side way’s. Kinda scared me a little, but I took shelter in a small cove.

Signature 

http://www.livingwaters.com
Trust in Jesus. He will never leave you, nor forsake you.
He will never let you down.

Posted: 08 February 2010 03:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  803
Joined  2008-01-30

I’ve had it happen, jumped right back in and it wasnt a problem or anything.. but it is a reminder to always have the life jacket on if your in a more dangerous situation. Annnd always to have some spare clothes in the boat if the weather or waters cold.

Signature 

Sling a 5 pounder in the boat

Posted: 08 February 2010 04:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1889
Joined  2009-02-05

Came close a few times but never went in…had a buddy fall in out of a canoe once…lol. Funniest thing, he came swimming over to my canoe with the fear of god in his eyes, swimming like a shark was after him and he about tipped me trying to get in my canoe. After I beat him off the sides, I told him to relax and put his feet down..(he was only in four feet of water).....lol

Posted: 08 February 2010 04:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3199
Joined  2007-03-17

I have yet to go in but my father in-law has twice once out of my boat and once from his boat.  I have had a couple of close calls,  almost walked right out of the boat on Lake Erie when a rouge wave hit the my boat.  We were bouncing around in 3-4 footers when a rouge wave hit the side at a different angle and I wasn’t paying attention and almost walked over the side.

Signature 

Eat Sleep and Fish Skeeter

Posted: 08 February 2010 05:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  494
Joined  2008-01-12

I fell in about a month ago at Springfield Lake (warm water) the air temp was like 15 degrees but when i got out i was still warm and kept on fishing for about an hour then we left.

Signature 

“Weaknesses are created by what you accept as your strength.”- Rick Clunn

Posted: 08 February 2010 06:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Hawg
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  124
Joined  2010-02-06
OHIOBASSMAN - 08 February 2010 09:17 PM

Came close a few times but never went in…had a buddy fall in out of a canoe once…lol. Funniest thing, he came swimming over to my canoe with the fear of god in his eyes, swimming like a shark was after him and he about tipped me trying to get in my canoe. After I beat him off the sides, I told him to relax and put his feet down..(he was only in four feet of water).....lol

Now thats funny!!

Posted: 08 February 2010 11:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1889
Joined  2009-02-05
jimfc3 - 08 February 2010 11:57 PM
OHIOBASSMAN - 08 February 2010 09:17 PM

Now thats funny!!

Yea I thought so but my buddy didn’t enjoy it too much….lol

Posted: 08 February 2010 11:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2386
Joined  2007-08-21

If you cant swim, you should go learn some basics like treading water and dog paddling. I would also spend the dough to buy a PFD that you can wear all the time without restrictions. I know 1 person who they found floating in 8’ of water, and another that died at Fork 2 weeks ago, didnt drown, he couldnt get back into his boat and got hypothermia and then cardiac arrest. Its not time to think about what to do after it happens. I havent fell out, but have had many close calls…...Its GOING to happen some day, and you owe it to your family to be prepared for when it happens

Signature 

Posted: 09 February 2010 12:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5487
Joined  2007-03-04

My Triton has a ladder, like most boats do these days, but my jon does not. I purchased some cleats that you attach ropes to all four corners on the boat. I also keep rope within hands reach of the boats sides. When I fell out I couldnt get back in. Now I can by securing the rope through the cleats teeth and tying a couple loop knots. Cheap way to possibly avoid some serious health issues.

Signature 

1 of 2

‹‹ Your 2010 Season      Did you know.....? ››