1 2 > 
1 of 2
New Members
Posted: 15 April 2010 09:36 AM
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1889
Joined  2009-02-05

Hey guys I have concerns on how the new members are being treated. I’ve noticed over the past few months resident members that have been here a while rip into new guys for posting they’re thoughts. I also have seen more threads closed in the past 2 months than have have in the past year. I would hate for someone to have a bad experience with the site and give it a bad name. We should encourage new members. The more people we have on this site, the more information we’ll have to learn from and the better this site will be. I’m sure I’ll catch some flack from this, but this is my opinion and I’m sticking to it. I know if I felt less than comfortable with the way I was treated when I first joined, I would have missed out on some good friends and good discussions. So there it is, whatever it’s worth. Thanks for listening, Pax.

Posted: 15 April 2010 11:04 AM   [ # 1 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7262
Joined  2008-03-27

I agree, but it is the same way with every other forum. When you join a forum its like joining a group of people you dont know, your never going to be comfortable right off the bat. Once you get to know them a bit, you’ll fit right in. I think its the same way with forums, I havent joined one yet (including this one)where I felt comfortable right off the bat.

Signature 

“Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it’ll spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein

Posted: 15 April 2010 11:26 AM   [ # 2 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-05

I agree with what your saying BBK….but in order for guys to feel comfortable, they have to be given a chance.

Posted: 15 April 2010 12:22 PM   [ # 3 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7262
Joined  2008-03-27

There is definitely room for improvement, but I have to say these forum members are WAY better at keeping their cool than other forums I’ve seen.

Signature 

“Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it’ll spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein

Posted: 15 April 2010 03:01 PM   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3199
Joined  2007-03-17

I hear what you are saying OHIOBASSMAN,  I hate what I’ve been seeing lately and we need are numbers to grow.  Yeah I’ve stopped some threads in the past 2 weeks that I thought were getting out of hand and I didn’t want them to go to much further.  I’ve also had to delete some posts because of language and other things said.  I just want what is best for the forums and its members.

Signature 

Eat Sleep and Fish Skeeter

Posted: 15 April 2010 09:36 PM   [ # 5 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  451
Joined  2008-03-31

i have to agree. new members should be treated with respect just as we do each other. ive never had anyone disrespect me on this forum which is really nice. so i personally like alot of the guys like ohiobassman,quantum-man, twitch, bbk, niko, and several others. if i didnt name ya dont get in a huff you know who you are lol
also we have to remember each of us started out as newbies as fishermen so dont be so quick to judge. i personally enjoy helping others so if they catch fish i get an enjoyment from that.

Signature 

Check Out My Bass Articles on My Blog

Posted: 15 April 2010 10:21 PM   [ # 6 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1356
Joined  2009-03-08

We can’t forget whose initials are at the top of this page.  I consider it a privilege to be a part of this.  The Golden Rule is a good one.  There are stereotypes of bass fisherman.  I will say everyone has been very helpful to me.  One of my favorite spots here is Introduce Yourself.  Now, im going to go board up my glass house! lol

Posted: 16 April 2010 02:28 AM   [ # 7 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1521
Joined  2008-05-21

Yeah, i know what you are getting at with new members.  I have no problem with new guys, as long as their heads and intentions are in the right place.

But, when someone joins and they are selling their stuff, whatever it may be..and that is all they post about, I am not for that one bit.  I have been a member of several forums, and this is by far the most forgiving in any aspect of new members.

Joining a popular forum (the name KVD) to just sell your crap, or to post about your own website is wrong.  It is a nicer version of spam in my opinion.

Signature 

Rangers Lead the Way!

Sponsors
http://www.cachecustomlures.com
http://www.dobynsrods.com
http://www.hydrillagear.com
http://www.allterraintackle.com

Posted: 16 April 2010 05:39 AM   [ # 8 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1059
Joined  2008-02-02

Yeah I have to say that I have felt welcome in this forum from the first day I joined. And I think that this is a great forum with great guys and we should do everything that we can to make sure that we keep it that way. “It’s All About The Attitude”

Posted: 16 April 2010 10:23 AM   [ # 9 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-31

xranger you make a great point there as well. as i wouldnt want to purchase something from someone that hasn’t been on the forum long because thats another can of worms. but i wouldnt hesitate to purchase from guys i know who have been here a long time and have a good rep.

Signature 

Posted: 16 April 2010 10:34 AM   [ # 10 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-05

Great feedback fella’s….all very good points. I didn’t post this topic to cause any trouble, it was more a food for thought in hope’s we could all be a little more courteous to new people and each other…..Thanks for your interest!...I appreciate it.

Posted: 16 April 2010 11:37 AM   [ # 11 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-31
OHIOBASSMAN - 16 April 2010 02:34 PM

Great feedback fella’s….all very good points. I didn’t post this topic to cause any trouble, it was more a food for thought in hope’s we could all be a little more courteous to new people and each other…..Thanks for your interest!...I appreciate it.

actually ohiobassman we know your not a trouble maker. There’s a few of us who think your the cool kid on the block, and i like this discussion because more guys are replying to it.

Signature 

Posted: 10 January 2011 07:50 PM   [ # 12 ]
Shad
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2011-01-10

Interesting comments you have here, I came here from another forum and they are great folks there, guess I’ll see if it’s the same here. Just a New Guy looking into a New site, looking for Friends and fishing information!

Posted: 11 January 2011 01:03 AM   [ # 13 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5487
Joined  2007-03-04

You shouldnt have any problems here PSG. This site self-governs itself and many of the members are active and good guys.

Signature 

Posted: 11 January 2011 11:02 AM   [ # 14 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1917
Joined  2007-12-13

I agree, we do a good job of maintaining a good environment here.  But with that being said, there is always room for improvement to make this site top notch for everyone.

Signature 

“Nothing like the smell of BANG in the morning”

Posted: 25 June 2011 11:12 PM   [ # 15 ]
Crappie
RankRank
Total Posts:  34
Joined  2011-06-10
xranger - 16 April 2010 02:28 AM

Yeah, i know what you are getting at with new members.  I have no problem with new guys, as long as their heads and intentions are in the right place.

But, when someone joins and they are selling their stuff, whatever it may be..and that is all they post about, I am not for that one bit.  I have been a member of several forums, and this is by far the most forgiving in any aspect of new members.

Joining a popular forum (the name KVD) to just sell your crap, or to post about your own website is wrong.  It is a nicer version of spam in my opinion.

Im not trying to be a smarta## but i just thought it was funny you were saying how you didnt like plugging yourself or things your selling and you have your sponsors listed in your signature. lol just thought it was funny, again not being an a## i agree with you 100%

Signature 

“A man who wouldnt cheat for a poke, don’t want one bad enough”

1 2 > 
1 of 2

‹‹ Getting annoying      VOTE PLEASE ››