< 1 2
2 of 2
New Members
Posted: 26 June 2011 09:13 AM   [ # 16 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4256
Joined  2011-02-28

if i have caused any problems i’m sorry guys.

Signature 

Posted: 25 July 2011 10:05 AM   [ # 17 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2386
Joined  2007-08-21

If the moderators could edit signatures it would help. Post above is a prime example.

Signature 

Posted: 25 July 2011 02:51 PM   [ # 18 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1866
Joined  2008-06-28

I think the quickest way to run a newbie out. Is when they ask one of the trillion questions that gets asked every year, month or week and the guys who’s been around for awhile jump to tell them to use the search box. I think if your tired of answering the question or commiting on that topic then just dont. Instead of saying “Try using the forum search”. For 2 reasons, 1. It makes you sound arrogant. 2. Things change, with the number of new products out every year we all have a tendancy to change things up. For example, line and line size. I’ll comment if the topic is asked even though in the last few years Ive fallen in and out of “love” with a line more than a teenager in love.

From my personal experience, the guys that was here when I first joined was extremely inviting. Heck I dont think Id been here but a few weeks and I went to meet a guy with a wrapped trition making me think who the heck am I fishing with. Not to mention I didnt even know what a Trition was when I went to meet him. A boat yea, but only bass boat brand I knew of was Ranger and Bass Tracker at that time. Yet everything I asked or commented on was received well. At the same time I had joined another forum and the regulars would basically ignore my threads one after another. I havent been back since I joined here or even looked for another group of anglers to talk to.

Signature 

“Formley Known As Miller Time”

Posted: 05 March 2012 08:27 AM   [ # 19 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-02-28

do you think a signature that has Marijuana seeds and pregnancy symptoms is proper for a bass fishing forum with KVD name on it? I don’t, sorry

Signature 

Posted: 05 March 2012 11:14 AM   [ # 20 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1051
Joined  2009-04-29
CincySid - 05 March 2012 08:27 AM

do you think a signature that has Marijuana seeds and pregnancy symptoms is proper for a bass fishing forum with KVD name on it? I don’t, sorry

HAHAAHA I seen that one!....Honestly, with any fourum yes the new people may get treated a bit differently until the rest of us get a feel for how that person is. But I’ve been skeptikal posting on new member welcomes because I’m not sure if the new person likes KVD and fishing, or likes Marijuwana seeds, eli manning jerseys, business suits with combat boots, etc. This forum is starting to get wierd with that stuff.

Signature 

Posted: 05 March 2012 12:41 PM   [ # 21 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-02-28
AllStar - 05 March 2012 11:14 AM
CincySid - 05 March 2012 08:27 AM

HAHAAHA I seen that one!....Honestly, with any fourum yes the new people may get treated a bit differently until the rest of us get a feel for how that person is. But I’ve been skeptikal posting on new member welcomes because I’m not sure if the new person likes KVD and fishing, or likes Marijuwana seeds, eli manning jerseys, business suits with combat boots, etc. This forum is starting to get wierd with that stuff.

it’s more popular and more members and the Mary Jane seed market is skyrocketing. everyday i come on here and someone has filled up an entire section with all kinds of adds for all kinds of stuff. thank god spring is coming.

Signature 

< 1 2
2 of 2

‹‹ Getting annoying      VOTE PLEASE ››