< 1 2 3 4 > 
3 of 4
Line Selection
Posted: 22 June 2011 09:54 AM   [ # 31 ]
Bass
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  109
Joined  2011-06-05

Man, I recently started using 15-20lb Seaguar Invis-X.. I absolutely love it… I really havent had issues on it breaking, and definately seems to catch more fish for me.. (All i used to use is mono).. No doubt the Seaguar is a little expensive… But in my opinion its well worth it..  If you’ve never used Line Butter, I recommend it, I spray it on all my reels the night before fishing, works like a charm! I used to use braid a lot with Spiderwire had Original Braid, but I broke my line so many times on the hook set ( Mainly my fault cause I set the hook alot with slack in the line.. ha.. no stretch = snap)

Signature 

Give’er hell and wish’er well!

Posted: 24 June 2011 02:55 PM   [ # 32 ]
Shad
Rank
Total Posts:  30
Joined  2011-06-24
General01Lee - 13 June 2010 07:35 PM

Well I ordered some McCoy Mean Green in 10lb. for my spinning set up. I have been looking for a good line that sinks for my spinning reel because I don’t like a braid to flouro leader and I ain’t paying 40 bucks for flouro that will work good on a spinning reel.

I got my pline flouro for like 15 bucks and i have not had any problems with it what so ever….

Signature 

Fish on!

Posted: 24 June 2011 03:57 PM   [ # 33 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4256
Joined  2011-02-28

i just ordered a 3000 yard spool of pline cx premium green in 15 lb, think it was about $50 bucks shipped. Haven’t received it yet but looking forward to spooling this stuff up. heard so many good things about it.

Signature 

Posted: 24 June 2011 04:02 PM   [ # 34 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7262
Joined  2008-03-27

I use pline cx prem in 8lb on a light jigging rod last year, worked great.. highly recommend it.

Signature 

“Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it’ll spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein

Posted: 24 June 2011 04:11 PM   [ # 35 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-02-28
BBK - 24 June 2011 04:02 PM

I use pline cx prem in 8lb on a light jigging rod last year, worked great.. highly recommend it.

My brother bought 1000 yd spool of 8 lb pline cx premium for $15 from BPS and it was so thin it was hard to see. he was scared to set the hook thinking he would snap it off but when it didn’t and he pulled through some heavy snags, he has confidence in it and just loves it. it’s the clear flourescent which i don’t need for the clear water i fish, why i bought the green, but he fishes dirtier water and the fish can’t see it. i was amazed at how strong this stuff was and so thin, can’t wait to get mine.

Signature 

Posted: 24 June 2011 04:37 PM   [ # 36 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7262
Joined  2008-03-27

Mine was a grayish color, not exactly clear yet not colored. Stayed really limp and was super strong, I’m going to pick up some in 6lb later today for another combo I’m putting together. I’m paying right around $12 for 300 yards…. wish I could find a deal like your bro did

Signature 

“Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it’ll spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein

Posted: 25 June 2011 06:30 PM   [ # 37 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-02-28

i think BPS is still selling 1000 yds for 15 bucks in clear flourescent, at least they were a couple of days ago. check it out. It’s not that way anymore but still not to bad. here is the link.

http://www.basspro.com/PLine-CX-Premium-Fishing-Line-1000-Yards/product/36573/-860389

or cabelas:

http://www.cabelas.com/product/P-Line-CX-Premium-Copolymer-1000-Yards/741898.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath;=/catalog/search.cmd?form_state=searchForm&N=0&fsch=true&Ntk=AllProducts&Ntt=p-line+cx+premium&WTz_l=Header;Search-All+Products&x=11&y=11&Ntt=p-line+cx+premium&WTz_l=Header;Search-All+Products

Signature 

Posted: 15 December 2011 09:44 PM   [ # 38 ]
Shad
Rank
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2011-12-15

I have always used braided line because I love the zero memory and no stretch.  I fish the Kankakee River and the water I fish is usually pretty clear.  Because of this I want to switch up spinning rod I use to fish my senkos with fluorocarbon.  My past experience with fluorocarbon has been negative.  The line seemed to have A LOT of memory making it more difficult to keep slack out of the line and felt more difficult to cast.  I know I need to switch to at least a fluorocarbon leader. 

Has anyone else had the same experience with Fluorocarbon?  I hate tying leaders and dealing with that whole element and would rather re-spool my spinning real with fluorocarbon if I could find something that got rid of these issues I had.  What type of fluorocarbon is the best for fishing senkos on a medium/light spinning set-up????

I appreciate any suggestions or help!

Posted: 15 December 2011 10:33 PM   [ # 39 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1989
Joined  2009-02-17

I have very little problems with 6-8lb fluorocarbon on my drop shot set-up. Some things that help are to always close the bail by hand, make sure the line is tight coming out the roller before reeling, use a spinning reel one size bigger than you’d usually use, & some line conditioner doesn’t hurt. It’s not gonna cast as well as good mono or braid, but it’ll have a much better feel & you can lessen the major issues caused by fluoro on spinning gear by being just a bit more attentive when casting & retrieving it.

Signature 

Posted: 21 December 2011 07:19 PM   [ # 40 ]
Shad
Rank
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2011-11-13

Where does that new Nano line by Berkley fit in there ?

Signature 

Posted: 21 December 2011 07:32 PM   [ # 41 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1989
Joined  2009-02-17

I’d say Nanofil fits more in the braid category, with it’s small diameter & low stretch. I need to get a spool of it before spring hits, never did get around to trying it this year.

Signature 

Posted: 26 December 2011 03:31 PM   [ # 42 ]
Shad
Rank
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2011-12-15

I’ve been hearing a lot of good things about the nanofil, and I agree I believe it is more braid-like qualities

Posted: 26 December 2011 07:42 PM   [ # 43 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-02-28

a lot of people have trouble with fluoro on spinning tackle, just got to find a line size and brand that you can live with on spinning gear. leader might be your answer, uni to uni knot goes through the guides well if you use a long leader. a bigger reel with a big spool will create less of a curly tail effect, at least a curly tail not as small, should cast a little easier. line conditioner will help. i had heard it takes a while to wear fluoro in and once you do it acts a little better. i’m no expert, have very little experience with fluoro line but am going to use it a lot this up-coming year. i may have some of the same problems. try it on a baitcaster, senko should cast ok with fluoro on baitcasting tackle.

Signature 

Posted: 17 January 2012 04:41 PM   [ # 44 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  496
Joined  2012-01-17

I recommend staying away from Seaguar floro line, it works great on the reel but frays easily.

Signature 

“May you catch all the fish you’ve told me about.”

Posted: 07 September 2012 10:12 PM   [ # 45 ]
Bass
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  84
Joined  2012-03-20

excellent post!!! i’ve been experimenting with all 4 types of lines on 16 different poles and this will certainly save me some time and arm fatigue

< 1 2 3 4 > 
3 of 4