Total Posts:  1059
Joined  2008-02-02

Sounds like an interesting idea.

Posted: 28 August 2011 04:51 PM   [ # 17 ]
Shad
Rank
Total Posts:  21
Joined  2011-07-06

Well the weigh in procedure may be a on the boat weigh in and instead of keeping the fish in the boat you release after keeping a photo record with a marshal, it helps keep a higher percentage of live fish release and also keeping fish on spots, so they wont be drained from that spot. I think that the FLW guys are skeptical because of the amount of funding it may cause and not putting there sponsors in a tight position with the FLW on contract agreements. Because most of the FLW big names are sponsored by supporters of FLW. I like this ideal because its more feasible and helps updated fishing, by making it more digitally friendly you open your self to a more global fan base, and more informative, we all are kind of getting tried of the big networks watered down and super edited shows. IMO. To me if this doesn’t work I still feel it will help the sport because it will cause big tournament circuits to listen to more of the fans and anglers point of view on how the circuits are directed.

Posted: 09 February 2012 02:16 PM   [ # 18 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1062
Joined  2010-07-26

UPDATE:

For those of you that can’t get Outdoor Channel, MLF is going to up the first episode on a pay per view on the internet.  Check it out, it looks pretty cool.  This also allows you to see much more than will be televised on the Outdoor Channel episodes.  They will post each round on different weeks, seven weeks total. 

Unfortunately, it sucks for me.  They post the first round on February 13th.  I leave the 14th to go back to work.  Because of our extremely slow internet speeds, I won’t be able to get rounds 2 through 6 while I’m at work.  I’m going to try, but it may not happen.

Posted: 10 February 2012 12:38 PM   [ # 19 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5487
Joined  2007-03-04
DDaniel - 09 February 2012 02:16 PM

UPDATE:

For those of you that can’t get Outdoor Channel, MLF is going to up the first episode on a pay per view on the internet.  Check it out, it looks pretty cool.  This also allows you to see much more than will be televised on the Outdoor Channel episodes.  They will post each round on different weeks, seven weeks total. 

Unfortunately, it sucks for me.  They post the first round on February 13th.  I leave the 14th to go back to work.  Because of our extremely slow internet speeds, I won’t be able to get rounds 2 through 6 while I’m at work.  I’m going to try, but it may not happen.

Do you have any idea what the cost is for the PPV?

Signature 

Posted: 10 February 2012 03:45 PM   [ # 20 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4256
Joined  2011-02-28
twitch - 10 February 2012 12:38 PM
DDaniel - 09 February 2012 02:16 PM

UPDATE:

Do you have any idea what the cost is for the PPV?

Looks like $2.99 for online PPV. if so, i’m in. Here is the link.

http://advancecast.majorleaguefishing.com/majorleaguefishing/

I just subscribed for the whole series for $17.94

Signature 

Posted: 10 February 2012 04:12 PM   [ # 21 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-02-28
Smiles - 28 August 2011 04:51 PM

Well the weigh in procedure may be a on the boat weigh in and instead of keeping the fish in the boat you release after keeping a photo record with a marshal, it helps keep a higher percentage of live fish release and also keeping fish on spots, so they wont be drained from that spot. I think that the FLW guys are skeptical because of the amount of funding it may cause and not putting there sponsors in a tight position with the FLW on contract agreements. Because most of the FLW big names are sponsored by supporters of FLW. I like this ideal because its more feasible and helps updated fishing, by making it more digitally friendly you open your self to a more global fan base, and more informative, we all are kind of getting tried of the big networks watered down and super edited shows. IMO. To me if this doesn’t work I still feel it will help the sport because it will cause big tournament circuits to listen to more of the fans and anglers point of view on how the circuits are directed.

They have a judge on every boat and he weighs and records every fish then releases them.

Signature 

Posted: 13 February 2012 07:36 AM   [ # 22 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-02-28

first show is today, supposed to be 114 minutes long. i can’t get it here at work, i’ll have to watch it at home.

Signature 

Posted: 13 February 2012 08:09 PM   [ # 23 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-02-28

just watched the first show of MLF, KVD caught the first 2 fish and sprinted to a big lead. 8 fisherman, top 4 advance. KVD had a pretty big lead then jason quinn started throwing the A-rig and blew by everyone. KVD finished 2nd. that’s all i’m going to say it was exciting, some really good stuff. well worth $2.99 per show or $17.94 for all 7 which is what i got. 114 minutes with not a lot of commercials, just a lot of fishing.

Signature 

Posted: 13 February 2012 08:14 PM   [ # 24 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5487
Joined  2007-03-04
CincySid - 13 February 2012 08:09 PM

just watched the first show of MLF, KVD caught the first 2 fish and sprinted to a big lead. 8 fisherman, top 4 advance. KVD had a pretty big lead then jason quinn started throwing the A-rig and blew by everyone. KVD finished 2nd. that’s all i’m going to say it was exciting, some really good stuff. well worth $2.99 per show or $17.94 for all 7 which is what i got. 114 minutes with not a lot of commercials, just a lot of fishing.

Sweet, I may do this tonight at work.

Signature 

Posted: 14 February 2012 01:51 AM   [ # 25 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2386
Joined  2007-08-21

It was worth the 2.99, As far as fishing shows, I would say its one of the best I have seen. There are a lot of good shows, but I like tournaments more than just fishing shows, this coverage was a lot better than the commercial filled shows I normally see.

Signature 

Posted: 14 February 2012 04:35 AM   [ # 26 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-02-28

as far as fishing shows this was the ultimate tournament type show. much better than what you see on tv!

Signature 

Posted: 14 February 2012 12:38 PM   [ # 27 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  331
Joined  2010-12-09

Hackney explains the real time scoring system.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYw7CXTvYUc

Signature 

My biggest worry is that my wife (when I’m dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

Posted: 14 February 2012 11:45 PM   [ # 28 ]
Crappie
RankRank
Total Posts:  60
Joined  2009-08-05

KVD smoked em at first and then slacked off a little. Quinn hit a school of fish and if you got an Alabama rig and hit a school the only thing that can beat you is KVD and a big school of fish. As far as the quality of the show it is good HD cameras and well worth the money. You can skip the commercials and the commentating as well.

Posted: 15 February 2012 07:39 AM   [ # 29 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-02-28
herruberraschen - 14 February 2012 11:45 PM

KVD smoked em at first and then slacked off a little. Quinn hit a school of fish and if you got an Alabama rig and hit a school the only thing that can beat you is KVD and a big school of fish. As far as the quality of the show it is good HD cameras and well worth the money. You can skip the commercials and the commentating as well.

Plus what i like is you can pause it whenever you want and not miss anything or go back to what you did miss. the cameras angles where spot on for the most part. a really well done show. we’ll see how it looks when they hit some rough weather, high seas and windy.

Signature 

Posted: 15 February 2012 08:33 AM   [ # 30 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-02-28
twitch - 13 February 2012 08:14 PM
CincySid - 13 February 2012 08:09 PM

Sweet, I may do this tonight at work.

Twitch, did you have a chance to watch the first show? if so, what did you think?

the last show is after the tourney is over and a winner declared but it’s supposed to show you how the pros found the spots they found and how and why they fished the baits they did. should give some pretty good insight into how to use your electronics and scout around and evaluate and find fish on a new lake. I bet i watch that over and over, i may have to find a way to record it. i think i can with a webcam if the quality is good enough.

Signature 

< 1 2 3 4 >  Last ›
2 of 6