< 1 2 3 4 5 >  Last ›
3 of 6
Major League Fishing
Posted: 15 February 2012 09:14 AM   [ # 31 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1917
Joined  2007-12-13

The official telling you that you’re down 7-8lbs, hmmmm, that could play with some peoples heads and force them to move or trust their gut and stay where they are at.  I like it and I dont.  Might see more tight leaderboards as anglers know they need to hit a certain hole or two to keep pace which could mean very close finishes (good drama on stage) or you could see anglers making decisions based on what they are hearing and getting pressured into the wrong decision.  Should be interesting to see how it plays out over time.

Signature 

“Nothing like the smell of BANG in the morning”

Posted: 15 February 2012 09:55 AM   [ # 32 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4256
Joined  2011-02-28
The Outdoorsman - 15 February 2012 09:14 AM

The official telling you that you’re down 7-8lbs, hmmmm, that could play with some peoples heads and force them to move or trust their gut and stay where they are at.  I like it and I dont.  Might see more tight leaderboards as anglers know they need to hit a certain hole or two to keep pace which could mean very close finishes (good drama on stage) or you could see anglers making decisions based on what they are hearing and getting pressured into the wrong decision.  Should be interesting to see how it plays out over time.

I think more and more of the pros are going to be throwing the A-Rig. Going to have to, to keep up. they all know Jason Quinn got over 58 lbs on it. sad to say it and will be even sadder to see it, cause i think it takes a lot of the skill and strategy out of the game, the final 4 will be throwing the A-rig

Signature 

Posted: 15 February 2012 02:07 PM   [ # 33 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2386
Joined  2007-08-21

lol, this wouldnt affect me, I automatically assume Im down 8 lbs because I usually am

Signature 

Posted: 15 February 2012 03:50 PM   [ # 34 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-02-28

It’s all a guessing game anyway. i would like to know where i stand, if i am on fish but they are a small and i need to make up 8 or 10 lbs, then the decision gets interesting. do i stay on these small fish or do i go to where i think there might be bigger fish. Could be a win-win situation or a no win situation. Since you weigh every legal fish, i would concentrate on landing all my hooked fish to start. if i don’t lose any or break off and take a penalty minute, my odds have just gotten better. It’s going to be interesting to see who makes the right decisions, wrong decisions and who gets lucky. Luck does come into play. You could pull into a spot that looks good but you haven’t scouted and it might be a desert or loaded with 10 lbers.

Signature 

Posted: 16 February 2012 03:53 PM   [ # 35 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-13
Top10 - 15 February 2012 02:07 PM

lol, this wouldnt affect me, I automatically assume Im down 8 lbs because I usually am

hahaha LOL

Signature 

Posted: 16 February 2012 06:03 PM   [ # 36 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1060
Joined  2009-04-24

i don’t know about you guys but my ranger live well has a hard time with five 5lbers in it. I have two but if i had to put more than five large fish in one side is going to be tough. I’d have to run it on manuel to keep the water flowing. I like haveing a spotter who weighs/messures and then releases the bass. it’s better for them than staying in a live well all day and then put in a plastic bag until they weigh in. BH

Posted: 17 February 2012 08:31 AM   [ # 37 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  496
Joined  2012-01-17

I’m with you on the small Ranger live wells Buckethead.  That’s the only thing I don’t like about my boat.

Signature 

“May you catch all the fish you’ve told me about.”

Posted: 18 February 2012 08:11 AM   [ # 38 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-02-28

watched the first episode of MLF again yesterday after work. pick up on some new stuff i missed the first watch. just as good the second time as the first.

Signature 

Posted: 19 February 2012 03:27 PM   [ # 39 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  331
Joined  2010-12-09

Free 17 minute Preview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEilWmRdzMw&feature=youtu.be

After watching the preview, I think I am going to have to order the entire thing.

Signature 

My biggest worry is that my wife (when I’m dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

Posted: 19 February 2012 03:55 PM   [ # 40 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-02-28
TK - 19 February 2012 03:27 PM

Free 17 minute Preview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEilWmRdzMw&feature=youtu.be

After watching the preview, I think I am going to have to order the entire thing.

It’s definitely worth the $18 bucks, you won’t be disappointed.

Signature 

Posted: 20 February 2012 09:42 AM   [ # 41 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-13

Just watched the preview and came away with a few things:

1) Love the format and the fact that even the boats were modified
2) Really diggin Martens hoodie
3) Found it funny that KVD’s # is 2
4) This is actually educational if you listen to what the anglers are saying and not a run and gun style event

Makes me want to fish right now!!!!  lol

Signature 

Posted: 20 February 2012 10:48 AM   [ # 42 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-02-28

just watched the second elimination round, it was a good one. fishing was tougher. conditions were different. just shows you the pros struggle sometimes also. 2 guys made a huge move in the last period to finish 1 and 2.

Did Ike lose a couple of rods catching that one fish? look like 2 rods in the water barely being held up by snagging on a third rod. Man watching this gets me stoked to go fishing. Melt ice, melt

All the anglers do give you good info on what they are doing, where and why. real eye opener. not just fun to watch but you can learn stuff also. makes it doubly worth the $3.

Signature 

Posted: 21 February 2012 05:37 AM   [ # 43 ]
Crappie
RankRank
Total Posts:  66
Joined  2008-02-22

Ike got the rods back, which was extremely lucky.

The A-Rig wasn’t exactly the fish blaster in this one, Tak was lucky to make the cut.

Signature 

AKA: BP, Bass Pundit, BannedPastor, BassPutz, BassPoacher, BowfinPro, “Coward"BassPudge, BassPudnit, Bass Preacher.

Visit my BassNblog Bass Pundit

Posted: 21 February 2012 07:39 AM   [ # 44 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-02-28
Basspastor - 21 February 2012 05:37 AM

Ike got the rods back, which was extremely lucky.

The A-Rig wasn’t exactly the fish blaster in this one, Tak was lucky to make the cut.

you are right, i figured more would throw it. They had to figure Jason Quinn threw it to get over 58 lbs. TO wouldn’t have made the cut without it, he was struggling with everything else. it was just a hard day for everyone. I think if Biffle had been throwing one in the back of those creeks he would’ve made the cut and not TO, but he didn’t and TO did, by what 1/2 lb or something? Biffle missed a fish a couple of times in the last few minutes that would’ve put him ahead.

Ike was very lucky to get those rods back they were hanging by a rod guide and the way he rolls around in the boat, it’s easy to see why he loses and breaks stuff. You see the 3 or 4 lures he had stuck to his butt?

Signature 

Posted: 21 February 2012 07:32 PM   [ # 45 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2386
Joined  2007-08-21

I enjoyed both shows and format so far. Im Hoping they get AAA league Fishing someday, that would be a fun format for regular anglers.

The fishing is cool, but Im just watching to see Sheli Sanders smile

Signature 

< 1 2 3 4 5 >  Last ›
3 of 6