6 of 6
Major League Fishing
Posted: 20 March 2012 01:59 PM   [ # 76 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1051
Joined  2009-04-29
DDaniel - 20 March 2012 01:44 PM

I was finally able to start watching the shows.  Haven’t finished all of them, but I’m getting thru them.  I have enjoyed all most all of it.  The only part I didn’t like was watching Mike Iaconelli acting like a total drama queen.  I mean really.  What’s up with running the whole length of the boat to set a hook, and then falling all over the judge.  If I was the judge in his boat I’d had to throw him overboard.  And after the first time he yelled in the judges face, I’d told the camera man to turn off the camera because he and I are fixing to have a couple of rounds of private conversation.  And his antics, that’s just a bit much.  I have never watched him before, but I certainly don’t care for all of that drama.  It’s no wonder why most of the other pros don’t care much for him.

^^ This is why I love Ike and everyone that watches him. I had hooked up my laptop to my TV and a few of my friends came over (who do not care for fishing at all and think it’s dumb) but when ike came on and started going nuts, they loved it and were actually watching my show. I know alot of more conservative guys (which are most of fishermen iv’e met) and i’m not saying I dislike that attitude, but to be honest Ike proves by acting like a mad man will make people laugh and enjoy watching him. If he lit his boat on fire and drove around in circles I’d still think it was great.

Signature 

Posted: 21 March 2012 01:18 AM   [ # 77 ]
Hawg
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  189
Joined  2010-03-05
AllStar - 20 March 2012 01:59 PM
DDaniel - 20 March 2012 01:44 PM

I was finally able to start watching the shows.  Haven’t finished all of them, but I’m getting thru them.  I have enjoyed all most all of it.  The only part I didn’t like was watching Mike Iaconelli acting like a total drama queen.  I mean really.  What’s up with running the whole length of the boat to set a hook, and then falling all over the judge.  If I was the judge in his boat I’d had to throw him overboard.  And after the first time he yelled in the judges face, I’d told the camera man to turn off the camera because he and I are fixing to have a couple of rounds of private conversation.  And his antics, that’s just a bit much.  I have never watched him before, but I certainly don’t care for all of that drama.  It’s no wonder why most of the other pros don’t care much for him.

^^ This is why I love Ike and everyone that watches him. I had hooked up my laptop to my TV and a few of my friends came over (who do not care for fishing at all and think it’s dumb) but when ike came on and started going nuts, they loved it and were actually watching my show. I know alot of more conservative guys (which are most of fishermen iv’e met) and i’m not saying I dislike that attitude, but to be honest Ike proves by acting like a mad man will make people laugh and enjoy watching him. If he lit his boat on fire and drove around in circles I’d still think it was great.

I agree thats what makes mike…well mike i get a kick out of how rowdy and excited he gets, and as for him getting people to watch its true my girlfriend likes to watch these with me so far especially because we both like mike! But i could see how he could rub people the wrong way i suppose. I like the guy though!

Posted: 21 March 2012 06:54 AM   [ # 78 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4256
Joined  2011-02-28

just watched the championship on monday and it was a great show. not going to say who the winner is but he deserved it, although another hour of fishing time and 1 angler may have caught him. alabama rig was not as big of a factor as i thought it would be.

Signature 

Posted: 28 March 2012 09:33 AM   [ # 79 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-02-28

just watched the extra show about how the pros fished, where and why and what baits, rod, reels, line they used. pretty informative.

Over all how did you guys like the first installment of MLF? I thought it was great! The best fishing show i have ever seen. I’m looking forward to the next one. They should do something like that about 4 times a year, i hope.

The all liked the real time scoreboard and the idea of weighing every fish. they want that for the tourneys. Won’t happen because it will kill the weigh in for the fans

Signature 

Posted: 28 March 2012 11:34 PM   [ # 80 ]
Hawg
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  189
Joined  2010-03-05

So far I am still really diggin the show, I am on the 5th one so the championship round with final four, i hade to pause it where ehrler had 11lbs, i look forward to more of this show for sure, very detailed and most of what you watch is well….FISHING, just a few commentaries and basspro/squatch commercials, but they are always on the fisherman showing what they do best! I also look forward to where they talk about how they did it in the next episode!

Posted: 30 March 2012 10:50 PM   [ # 81 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1703
Joined  2009-07-07

I saw the show for the first time last night, and it’s cool because it’s so different from any other fishing tournament.  Not having a five bass limit, every one fishes out of the same style of boat, even the jerseys are different. I’m hooked

Signature 

Hope you catch your biggest bass ever on your next fishing trip.

Posted: 12 April 2012 12:02 AM   [ # 82 ]
Hawg
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  147
Joined  2012-03-18

I def love the format of this competiton. I’ve only caught two episodes.

I saw somebody is watching them online? Where can i find that? I apologize if its already in this thread, I’m on my phone and its going pretty slow.

Signature 

Posted: 12 April 2012 06:28 AM   [ # 83 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3199
Joined  2007-03-17
knightiac - 12 April 2012 12:02 AM

I saw somebody is watching them online? Where can i find that? I apologize if its already in this thread, I’m on my phone and its going pretty slow.

You can find the online stuff at their site majorleaguefishing.com.  You can buy the whole package for about $17 or just watch what you want for about $2.99 an episode,  they are about 2 hours long.

Signature 

Eat Sleep and Fish Skeeter

Posted: 12 April 2012 07:38 AM   [ # 84 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-02-28
knightiac - 12 April 2012 12:02 AM

http://www.majorleaguefishing.com/

Signature 

‹ First  < 4 5 6
6 of 6