‹ First  < 2 3 4
4 of 4
quantum smoke baitcaster vs kvd baitcaster
Posted: 07 March 2012 09:00 AM   [ # 46 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4256
Joined  2011-02-28

after i change baits, i usually tighten it up a little before i make the first cast, especially for a lighter bait, and loosen it a little every cast to where i get it to where i want it. Ur right, old mono line will affect your casts a lot and also cause more backlashes, i don’t use fluoro so don’t know how old fluoro affects casting, i would assume it is worse than old mono.

Signature 

Posted: 07 March 2012 09:25 AM   [ # 47 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2386
Joined  2007-08-21

I do the opposite, I loosen the reels, hold my rod high, push the button and quickly adjust as the bait falls. Im looking for a bait that doesnt free fall, but wont stop falling on its own, just a slow fall and when the bait hits the ground the reel will stop just after the bait does. The only backlashes I get then are wind related, and in Texas the wind rarely stops.

Signature 

Posted: 07 March 2012 09:31 AM   [ # 48 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4256
Joined  2011-02-28
Top10 - 07 March 2012 09:25 AM

I do the opposite, I loosen the reels, hold my rod high, push the button and quickly adjust as the bait falls. Im looking for a bait that doesnt free fall, but wont stop falling on its own, just a slow fall and when the bait hits the ground the reel will stop just after the bait does. The only backlashes I get then are wind related, and in Texas the wind rarely stops.

Whatever you are used to and works for you is all that matters.

Signature 

Posted: 07 March 2012 09:21 PM   [ # 49 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5487
Joined  2007-03-04

I thought I would just post something…......just for the heck of it big surprise

Signature 

‹ First  < 2 3 4
4 of 4