2 of 2
Ps3
Posted: 01 March 2012 12:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1051
Joined  2009-04-29

I have MW2 for PC and I do agree that most of those devil children stay off the PC with games like that. They know better I guess. I do get sick of the children on the game consoles going back and forth. It does get annoying but thats why theres a mute button. XBOX360 uses your windows live as a login. The blu ray aspect is nice to have but like you noted, I have not seen much of a difference. idk it’s all about marketing. I choose to stay with xbox because of the people I know all have XBOX any way.  I hightly doubt that the next gen consols are going to have a keyboard or mouse option. I thought about how much better it could/would be but have an unfair advantage with people using an actual controler. regarless, I dont think microsoft or sony will come out with anything new anytime soon, as you’ve seen both companies have came out with the same old system with differencet features, like a slim design, build in wifi (xbox) and add ons like the kinect. both are great systems, graphics are nice, theres really no room for improvement that I can think of, plus they have infinite possibiliteis with software updates and such to change the settings of the system ect.

Signature 

Posted: 02 March 2012 05:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  420
Joined  2012-01-14
AllStar - 01 March 2012 12:24 PM

I have MW2 for PC and I do agree that most of those devil children stay off the PC with games like that. They know better I guess. I do get sick of the children on the game consoles going back and forth. It does get annoying but thats why theres a mute button. XBOX360 uses your windows live as a login. The blu ray aspect is nice to have but like you noted, I have not seen much of a difference. idk it’s all about marketing. I choose to stay with xbox because of the people I know all have XBOX any way.  I hightly doubt that the next gen consols are going to have a keyboard or mouse option. I thought about how much better it could/would be but have an unfair advantage with people using an actual controler. regarless, I dont think microsoft or sony will come out with anything new anytime soon, as you’ve seen both companies have came out with the same old system with differencet features, like a slim design, build in wifi (xbox) and add ons like the kinect. both are great systems, graphics are nice, theres really no room for improvement that I can think of, plus they have infinite possibiliteis with software updates and such to change the settings of the system ect.

My buddies are evenly split between Ps3 and Xbox.  I’ll disagree on the need for next gen consoles though.  We badly need them.  By we, I mean PC gamers and game developers.  The 2006 era PC hardware the consoles are built out of is antique by today’s standards.  Simply put, game developers have to spend countless hours tweaking a game for the current gen consoles just to get it to run at 30fps at low to medium settings due to the old hardware.  They doing their best to make current games run on old hardware.  All that time, money and energy is only justified by the fact that there are so many game consoles out there and sales will return that investment in money and time spent finding clever ways to make current games work on that old hardware. 

PC gamers are also getting hurt but the old console hardware, as most games are console to PC port.  A lot of these ports are not optimized for the PC’s powerful hardware because so much of the game’s development budget was spent on getting it to run on the dated console hardware.  PC gamers end up with games that run at hundreds of FPS but play as if the game devs were desperate to get FPS out of the game.  Saints Row 3 is example of this.  That game runs at 200+ FPS on some machines, but the vehicle pop-in (spawning) in that game is awful because the game devs had to spawn vehicles well within the range of view of the player on the consoles just to get the game to run at 30 FPS.  Too many console to PC ports retain undesirable behaviors that are a result of the dated hardware on the consoles when ported to PC.

I’m curious about next gen consoles as a bit of a tech geek.  We’re been gaming in 1600p and 1080 3d stereoscopic for a few years now on PC.  I fully expect to see those features in the next gen systems along with native 1080p, Dx11 and some sort of digital store for games similar to Steam or Impulse.

2 of 2