Tips for kentucky lake
Posted: 28 February 2012 08:51 PM   [ Ignore ]
Shad
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2012-02-28

this summer on the 3rd week of june me and my uncle are goin to kentucky lake. we are stayin at king creek resort on the upper end of the lake do you know of ant good bays or areas near king creek bay.also what are some good lures

Also we LOVE to fish shallow in bank brush so do yall think bass might still be in shallow brush and cover

Posted: 28 February 2012 10:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2386
Joined  2007-08-21

I would think in June the topwater bite your looking for will be there early and late near any grass, But Im not sure about a shallow all day bite, you may be better off throwing crankbaits long the ledges of the channels. KY lake is the best ledge fishing lake in the country

Signature 

Posted: 29 February 2012 02:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5487
Joined  2007-03-04

If you guys was going in April then you would have a blast fishing the flooded brush. In June you’ll need to pull out and fish the secondary points in the creeks and the main river points and ledges like Top10 said. Its an awesome lake. Throw a 3/4oz football head jig in summer craw or okeechobee craw with a rage tail on the back of it and hold on! Also, look at fishing the Alabama Rig if you’re fishing within the Kentucky half of the lake, its illegal in Tennessee.

Signature 

Posted: 29 February 2012 05:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Shad
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2012-02-28

we r on the upper part of the lake do yall think we will need to go far to find good areas??

oh and thanks for the advice

Posted: 01 March 2012 09:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5487
Joined  2007-03-04
Brandon Perrine - 29 February 2012 05:22 PM

we r on the upper part of the lake do yall think we will need to go far to find good areas??

oh and thanks for the advice

No, the shore line around the canal to Barkley has both smallies and large mouth and there are a few creeks within 3-4 miles of the ramp at Ky Dam Village that hold some good schools of fish. Stick to the points and ledges in the afternoons and especially if the are pulling water through the dam.

Signature 

Posted: 25 March 2012 09:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Shad
Rank
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2012-03-21

Don’t spend your whole trip looking for fish, let me put you on them. I personally guarantee your satisfaction with your trip

‹‹ Rod Selection      Baitcaster ››