< 1 2 3 4 > 
3 of 4
website hacked?
Posted: 11 April 2012 01:44 PM   [ # 31 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7262
Joined  2008-03-27

Website taking us to an advertising site, nothing on ISP’s end, people getting warnings that this site is infected… it is starting to add up.

Signature 

“Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it’ll spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein

Posted: 11 April 2012 03:19 PM   [ # 32 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3199
Joined  2007-03-17

affilius has been looking in to it and so far no problems on the sites end that I know of.  Funny how everyone in Mich. are not having problems but a bunch of you guys out of state are having problems.  I will get in touch with affilius and brownshelf2 again and see what they say or have found out.

Signature 

Eat Sleep and Fish Skeeter

Posted: 11 April 2012 05:00 PM   [ # 33 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1051
Joined  2009-04-29

The site has been fine for me (Im in PA and my internet provider is Comcast) No issues here tho.

Signature 

Posted: 11 April 2012 07:12 PM   [ # 34 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  655
Joined  2009-03-16
TK - 11 April 2012 08:33 AM

It has to be closer to the site, or the site its self.  Since you say it isn’t the site, have you checked the server to router to central office?  Also have you checked the equipment, router ports and cable?  There would be some errors happening somewhere.

Can you ping the ip address of those affected when the problem occurs?

Im 15 miles south and have had no problem (traceroute shows liquid web which is just a couple pf miles from my work in lansing)

Posted: 11 April 2012 07:19 PM   [ # 35 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-03-16
TK - 11 April 2012 01:18 PM

Mine is CenturyLink Formerly Embarq.  I couldn’t get on this morning so I called my ISP.  They looked and searched, they had no problems on their end.

so they could get tp the site? or they told you there was no problem…they tend to deny evertthing

Posted: 11 April 2012 07:29 PM   [ # 36 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1059
Joined  2008-02-02

Haven’t had any problems for a few weeks now grin

Posted: 11 April 2012 09:41 PM   [ # 37 ]
Hawg
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  131
Joined  2008-03-06

I’ve had similar problems at work (comcast) the site worked fine but at home (century link) it would not work on my pc or tablet but it seems t be ok now been able to get on at home for a few days.
fyi i’m in new mexico

Posted: 11 April 2012 10:02 PM   [ # 38 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  331
Joined  2010-12-09
combsdale - 11 April 2012 07:12 PM

It has to be closer to the site, or the site its self.  Since you say it isn’t the site, have you checked the server to router to central office?  Also have you checked the equipment, router ports and cable?  There would be some errors happening somewhere.

Im 15 miles south and have had no problem (traceroute shows liquid web which is just a couple pf miles from my work in lansing)

So does the KVD website run through Liquid Web?

Signature 

My biggest worry is that my wife (when I’m dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

Posted: 15 April 2012 09:10 PM   [ # 39 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-03-16
TK - 11 April 2012 10:02 PM

That is where the trace route ends and I know that is what they do…host websites

Posted: 15 April 2012 10:13 PM   [ # 40 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-12-09

Ok, now my phone can’t get through!  I can’t tell you how much i can post or read until this is fixed, sorry

Signature 

My biggest worry is that my wife (when I’m dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

Posted: 15 April 2012 10:16 PM   [ # 41 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-12-09
combsdale - 15 April 2012 09:10 PM

That is where the trace route ends and I know that is what they do…host websites

You always mention liquid web I just thought you knew it did.  if if does they should check their data centers

Signature 

Posted: 16 April 2012 07:54 PM   [ # 42 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-03-16
TK - 15 April 2012 10:16 PM
combsdale - 15 April 2012 09:10 PM

You always mention liquid web I just thought you knew it did.  if if does they should check their data centers

We already know they are not the problem…I can’t fix what’s not broken, my link has never had a problem.  (The link to them and will go through at least 3 different compaines routers. Routers are all over world and they use fiber optics not copper… all the stuff you are talking about is on a LAN we are talking about the World Wide Web) folks that don’t live so close are the ones having the problem.

Posted: 24 April 2012 07:52 AM   [ # 43 ]
Shad
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-04-24

Did you check webmaster tools for your site? Everything is fine?

BBK - 25 March 2012 02:46 PM

This has been going on for several weeks for me.. only on this site. When I go to the forums it takes me to a different website, usually says I have won the Illinois prize and to click here… obviously not from here.

Maybe this has something to do with the people getting the message that this forum has a virus???

this is the first time I’ve been able to get to the forums in 2 days.

Posted: 25 April 2012 08:00 AM   [ # 44 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-03-16

This may be relevent to this problem

The FBI took down a botnet earlier this year and used it to catch the culprits.  They’ve published a website you can use to test your PC to determine if you were infected.  They will shut off the botnet on July 9th.  If your system was infected and you haven’t cleaned it up you will lose access to DNS and it will appear that you no longer have internet access.

http://www.kptv.com/story/17613582/hundreds-of-thousands-may-lose-internet-in-july

This is what I was tring to explain…A lot of DNS servers are being hacked and are rerouting your requests.  Botnets are not only on servers. Install antivirius on your pc phone and Yes you Apple folks have to have it as well… If you don’t have it then YOU are part of the problem.  These bonets hijack PCs all over the world and cause havoc stop giving them the tools to do that

Posted: 25 April 2012 12:35 PM   [ # 45 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7262
Joined  2008-03-27

I did all the checks on the gov site… my DNS is clean.

Signature 

“Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it’ll spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein

< 1 2 3 4 > 
3 of 4

‹‹ Posting Errors      Pictures? ››