Being a Marshall
Posted: 14 April 2012 10:04 PM
Shad
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-09-17

My wife and I are going to be Marshals at the Douglas Lake tourney. She has asked me a question I don’t know the answer to….she was curious about when she needs to go to the bathroom. I know as a male what normally happens but…..?

Thanks for anyone with experience that I can give her an accurate answer.

Posted: 15 April 2012 10:39 AM   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3199
Joined  2007-03-17

Great question for twitch,  he has been a marshall a couple of times.  I’m sure he will answer when he gets the chance.

Signature 

Eat Sleep and Fish Skeeter

Posted: 16 April 2012 02:56 PM   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5487
Joined  2007-03-04
Monroe537 - 14 April 2012 10:04 PM

My wife and I are going to be Marshals at the Douglas Lake tourney. She has asked me a question I don’t know the answer to….she was curious about when she needs to go to the bathroom. I know as a male what normally happens but…..?

Thanks for anyone with experience that I can give her an accurate answer.

Ill be down there for the Douglas tourney myself. Where are you from?
Its definitely easier for a man to use the bathroom during one of these tourneys. In the past I have had to deal with this problem. During the marshall meeting, before we are paired with our pro, the BASS staff will go over the rules with us. I believe one of the rules states that if we have to use the restroom, the pro is to take us to shore.
The best advise I can offer is to eat light at breakfast and pack a light lunch. If your wife’s bladder is like my wifes, go easy on the liquids too.

Signature 

Posted: 17 April 2012 11:32 AM   [ # 3 ]
Hawg
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  213
Joined  2010-06-10

Hey Twitch, are you going to the Douglas tourney to be a marshall or are you going just to go?

Signature 

1. WHEN IN DOUBT…EMPTY THE MAGAZINE!
2. HAPPINESS IS A WARM MACHINE GUN!

Posted: 17 April 2012 06:51 PM   [ # 4 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7262
Joined  2008-03-27

I wouldn’t think the pro would have a problem sacrificing a minute of his time to run her to the shore. I could see a possible problem if she had to go to the bank every hour, but I cant see once or twice being a problem. Ask at the meeting if it isn’t brought up.. Guarantee you that you and your wife are not the only ones thinking that.

Signature 

“Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it’ll spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein

Posted: 17 April 2012 09:07 PM   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-04
Marine - 17 April 2012 11:32 AM

Hey Twitch, are you going to the Douglas tourney to be a marshall or are you going just to go?

Im going to be a marshall the first three days. Not sure about the last day yet.
Is that near you?

Signature 

Posted: 18 April 2012 11:04 AM   [ # 6 ]
Hawg
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-10
twitch - 17 April 2012 09:07 PM

Im going to be a marshall the first three days. Not sure about the last day yet.
Is that near you?

When I was stationed in Knoxville, TN as a recruiter, Douglas was my lake of choice when I got my pontoon. The area I was responsible for recruiting out of was Sevier County, which is where the Douglas Lake Dam is located. I’m taking military leave prior to being transferred to Norfolk, VA. My hometown is a couple of hours away from Douglas. My 12 year old son & I are going to go down there for the tournament. We’ve never been to one & this might be a once in a lifetime opportunity for us. I would bring my pontoon with me, but the trip is just too long from coastal NC to my home in KY to haul. If I had a bass boat it wouldn’t be that big of a deal, but that pontoon is a beast when it comes to wind drag & puts a lot of strain on my 6 cylinder motor in my Trailblazer. Oh well, still excited to attend!

Signature 

Posted: 18 April 2012 08:58 PM   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-04
Marine - 18 April 2012 11:04 AM
twitch - 17 April 2012 09:07 PM

Is that near you?

When I was stationed in Knoxville, TN as a recruiter, Douglas was my lake of choice when I got my pontoon. The area I was responsible for recruiting out of was Sevier County, which is where the Douglas Lake Dam is located. I’m taking military leave prior to being transferred to Norfolk, VA. My hometown is a couple of hours away from Douglas. My 12 year old son & I are going to go down there for the tournament. We’ve never been to one & this might be a once in a lifetime opportunity for us. I would bring my pontoon with me, but the trip is just too long from coastal NC to my home in KY to haul. If I had a bass boat it wouldn’t be that big of a deal, but that pontoon is a beast when it comes to wind drag & puts a lot of strain on my 6 cylinder motor in my Trailblazer. Oh well, still excited to attend!

It should be a good time fopr you both. Especially if this is your first Elite Series event. Where are you staying? I just booked a room last night at Super 8. I was hoping to get a campsite but I didnt see anything real close to the launch ramp.

Signature 

Posted: 19 April 2012 01:41 PM   [ # 8 ]
Hawg
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-10
twitch - 18 April 2012 08:58 PM

It should be a good time fopr you both. Especially if this is your first Elite Series event. Where are you staying? I just booked a room last night at Super 8. I was hoping to get a campsite but I didnt see anything real close to the launch ramp.

If there is any campsites open at the Dam, then I’ll most likely stay there & just drive up to the Marina daily. I just made the decision to go to the tournament a few days ago, so I’m still in the planning phases. I’m also trying to get my hands on a boat back home to take down there.

Signature 

Posted: 29 April 2012 06:43 PM   [ # 9 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1060
Joined  2009-04-24

let us know how it went. sounds like a blast. i’m going to check into that for the next time they come down here. BH