fenwick elite tech crankshaft?
Posted: 18 April 2012 11:30 PM   [ Ignore ]
Hawg
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  189
Joined  2010-03-06

does anyone now anybody who may want to sell one? either the 6’6” M or 7’3” MH? Does anyone know if these are good rods?

Posted: 18 April 2012 11:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1989
Joined  2009-02-17

They’ve been out of production for a couple years & they weren’t super popular, hence leading to their cancellation of the line in favor of pushing Abu rods, so good luck finding one. They reviewed one of them for the TT Crankbait Wars & it was rated to be a really solid stick & I’ve been pleased with all the Fenwick rods I’ve had/have, so I’m sure it’s a really nice rod. I honestly think they should’ve not even done the ET series though & just expanded the Techna line for technique specific rods, as they’re significantly lighter & just had a better feel to them.

Signature 

Posted: 19 April 2012 05:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Hawg
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-03-06

Was just curious about them i found some online used, though very hard to find indeed! I like Mike Iaconelli and know he used this rod on major league fishing and many youtube videos though sponsored by ABU so there must me something good about them. Thanks for input!

Posted: 19 April 2012 09:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1051
Joined  2009-04-29

Goodluck on finding fenwicks. I dont think i’ve used a fenwick I didn’t like. Same thing with All Stars, where the hell did they go?

Signature 

Posted: 19 April 2012 03:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1989
Joined  2009-02-17

^V series Abus. Pure decided to back burner both All-Star & Fenwick for the LMB market to push their Abu rods. All-Star has some new micro guide rods, which Chris Lane used to win the Classic, but they’re only available at Dick’s or Academy, I can’t remember which. Fenwick still has the HMG, HMX, & a couple other lower end rods, but they’ve pretty much done away with the LMB models & ET just has Smallmouth, Walleye, Musky, & Panfish series, not bass anymore. The Smallmouth series are nice rods & can be had for $75-80 sometimes off Amazon, although full retail they’re $130. Even at that, they’re very nice rods, but they only have 4 casting models with none longer than 6’10” while mostly focusing on spinning rods for various smallmouth techniques.

Ike was using Elite Tech Crannkshafts the first year he was with Abu, because the V series didn’t have cranking models & Fenwick did under the same corporate banner, although they do now & I bet you’ll see him using the Winch Veritas for cranking from now on since they’ve expanded that series. If you found them for a good price, they retailed at $200, I wouldn’t hesitate to pick one up if you’re looking for a cranking stick.

Signature 

Posted: 19 April 2012 11:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Hawg
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-03-06

Yeah i have a M crankin stick and a MH veritas winch so I am covered but I thought of getting the 6’6"M crankshaft for shallow/ and or square bills and keeping my crankin stick as an extra, yeah i found a 7’3” MH crankshaft for 140$ and a 6’6” M for 100 which both seemed like a reasonable price to me for 200$ rods. I just did’t know if it was a waste of money for an older rod and maybe something newer was equal for same price, (since crankin stick is very good for 60-70$). Thanks for input all!

Posted: 20 April 2012 12:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1051
Joined  2009-04-29

I do like the abu line up especially the veritas, but I had a ton of All Star classics and they were super sensitive, They were super strong the only issue I had with them is they were on the heavier side. I would like to see a new line up of AllStars. I’d check them out for sure.

Signature 

Posted: 23 September 2012 06:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Shad
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-09-23
blazingmarine - 18 April 2012 11:30 PM

does anyone now anybody who may want to sell one? either the 6’6” M or 7’3” MH? Does anyone know if these are good rods?

I have several New Fenwick Techna and HMGs if interested.  They are the full cork handle.  I have a couple of 6’6"s and 7’s.

Signature 

Major B. Brooks, USMC Retired/Disabled
Skeeter ZX225