KVD made my sons day at Douglas Lake
Posted: 07 May 2012 01:59 PM
Shad
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-05-07

I never really fished or had any idea who KVD was until my then 5 year old son came to me and said I want to be like Kevin VanBan. It took me a while to figure out what or who he was talking about. Three years later we fish at least twice a week. My son is a much better fisherman than I am. He has patience. When we found out the elite series was coming to Douglas lake I knew I had to take him but didn’t think we would get to close to KVD boy was I wrong right after he got off his Nitro Z9 up he came got on the golf cart taking him to the weigh in and the windshield fell off the cart and I handed it to KVD. I told him how cool it was to see him and my son thought he was the best and even though you could tell he was worn out he said he would be back down to see him after the weigh in and by gosh he signed his hat and shirt and took a picture with him. In today’s times of egotistical sports heros I can’t imagine a better role model than KVD. Thanks for caring for the fans that look up to you. Is there any advice to give to an aspiring bass pro or his father.

Posted: 07 May 2012 06:08 PM   [ # 1 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1051
Joined  2009-04-29

KVD is the man. most down to earth coolest dude in the world with out a question. That is a awesome story! I met KVD a few years ago and we talked for about a half hour about where I fish and he was giving me tips and such. It was like talking with one of my friends.

Signature 

Posted: 07 May 2012 10:41 PM   [ # 2 ]
Shad
Rank
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2012-05-06

awesome tell your son and u i said good luck rest of the year

Posted: 07 May 2012 10:58 PM   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5487
Joined  2007-03-04

Glad you guys made it down and was able meet up with VanDam. So you was at the weigh-in on day 3. Totally missed you guys. I headed out after Davey Hite weighed in. Wanted to knock out that 5 hour drive while I was still able.

Signature 

Posted: 08 May 2012 09:31 AM   [ # 4 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4256
Joined  2011-02-28

the man has strength of character. Remember, it’s all about the Attitude

Signature 

Posted: 08 May 2012 10:43 PM   [ # 5 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1703
Joined  2009-07-07

KVD is a solid guy. It’s cool how much he appreciates he fans.

Signature 

Hope you catch your biggest bass ever on your next fishing trip.

Posted: 13 June 2012 02:12 PM   [ # 6 ]
Hawg
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  186
Joined  2011-03-02

The more you read about the away from the camera stuff about KVD the more you respect him as a person.

Here he was probably beat from a day of hard fishing yet he kept his promise…how cool is that for the young man to have a few moments one on one with Kevin

Signature 

Give a guy a fish and you feed him for a day.
Teach a guy to fish - and he forgets about eating!