Maps
Posted: 03 June 2012 01:57 AM   [ Ignore ]
Shad
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-06-03

Mr. Van Dam,

I’ve been serching everywhere I can think of, to find “Underwater” Contour maps of Reservoir’s in my state of Maryland. But I can’t find any. Could you please help me out! My grandson ask me and I can’t give him a true answer, where the dropoffs are, or how deep it is here. I don’t have the money to get expensive Sonar/fish finding equipment for a boat that cost 60.00 per day to rent. We would like to some day help our wounded solgiers get out on the water and enjoy the life that they so galently fought for.

Thank You So Much For your concideration in this matter.

Respectfully,
                                                                                                    Lawrence R. Riston SR.

Posted: 03 June 2012 05:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1056
Joined  2010-07-26

Navionics has a PC app that you can purchase off of their website and download on your computer.  It’s the same information that you would get on their Hot Maps chip that you would put in a sonar unit.  But the cool thing about this is you can view it on a much larger monitor get an idea of where you want to go before you hit the water.  I have found that it’s not 100% accurate, but it’s pretty close.  You can order it in regions, just like the chip.  I would definitely recommend looking into this.  This might be what your looking for.

Posted: 03 June 2012 11:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Hawg
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  189
Joined  2010-03-06

Is this at navionics.com?

Posted: 03 June 2012 11:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5487
Joined  2007-03-04
DDaniel - 03 June 2012 05:46 PM

Navionics has a PC app that you can purchase off of their website and download on your computer.  It’s the same information that you would get on their Hot Maps chip that you would put in a sonar unit.  But the cool thing about this is you can view it on a much larger monitor get an idea of where you want to go before you hit the water.  I have found that it’s not 100% accurate, but it’s pretty close.  You can order it in regions, just like the chip.  I would definitely recommend looking into this.  This might be what your looking for.

Good advice, and a great addition to help prepare for your next fishing trip. Also, the waypoints, trails, routes…..ect are all transferrable to your unit via SD card.

Signature 

Posted: 04 June 2012 06:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3199
Joined  2007-03-17

Have you checked with your local Department of Natural Resources?  They usually will have maps available.  Also try Google maps you will at least be able to see the dropoffs, ledges and deeper holes.

Signature 

Eat Sleep and Fish Skeeter

Posted: 04 June 2012 07:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1056
Joined  2010-07-26
blazingmarine - 03 June 2012 11:18 PM

Is this at navionics.com?

Yes it is.  Go to the Web Store section.  If you need assistance, you can call them as well.

Posted: 04 June 2012 11:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4164
Joined  2011-02-28

yea, i know D&R will sell you all the maps for a fairly cheap price. i did that for Ohio 25 or so years ago.

Signature