KVD proves it again
Posted: 17 June 2012 05:17 PM
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1062
Joined  2010-07-26

I’m at work in Columbia and I got to talked to my wife yesterday and she told me a great story about KVD.

My wife’s brother lives in Decatur, AL. Him and his wife were at a restaurant with some friends and seen KVD and some of his friends having lunch. They really didn’t know who he was so they texted their son (one of the nephews that I take fishing frequently) and asked him if he knew who KVD was. Of course he did and in no short terms basically told them that he was the greatest professional angler of all time.

They felt uncertain about doing it, but they went up to his table and asked if he would autograph some lures for them. That’s when it happened. They said his response just blew them away. My wife told me that they said that they felt as if he was there just for them. They said he was the most kind and gracious person they had ever met.

Even though I have met him and witnessed his personality first hand, it continues to amaze me of just how humble and gracious he is. He is truly an amazing person and an example of how all professional athletes should be .

WOW!

Posted: 17 June 2012 05:39 PM   [ # 1 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4256
Joined  2011-02-28
DDaniel - 17 June 2012 05:17 PM

I’m at work in Columbia and I got to talked to my wife yesterday and she told me a great story about KVD.

My wife’s brother lives in Decatur, AL. Him and his wife were at a restaurant with some friends and seen KVD and some of his friends having lunch. They really didn’t know who he was so they texted their son (one of the nephews that I take fishing frequently) and asked him if he knew who KVD was. Of course he did and in no short terms basically told them that he was the greatest professional angler of all time.

They felt uncertain about doing it, but they went up to his table and asked if he would autograph some lures for them. That’s when it happened. They said his response just blew them away. My wife told me that they said that they felt as if he was there just for them. They said he was the most kind and gracious person they had ever met.

Even though I have met him and witnessed his personality first hand, it continues to amaze me of just how humble and gracious he is. He is truly an amazing person and an example of how all professional athletes should be .

WOW!

you should feel blessed to be in a position where you can meet these people. some of us don’t have that opportunity. KVD all the way!!!!

Signature 

Posted: 17 June 2012 10:53 PM   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5487
Joined  2007-03-04

Like always, very cool of him to take the time for his fans.

Signature 

Posted: 18 June 2012 06:38 AM   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3199
Joined  2007-03-17

Very nice of him to take time and sign autographs for his fans.  You just don’t hear enough about stuff like this in any pro sport.

Signature 

Eat Sleep and Fish Skeeter

Posted: 19 June 2012 07:47 PM   [ # 4 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  655
Joined  2009-03-16

He is a very gracious guy and his wife is every bit as nice as he is….He cookies are awesome too.  I’ve on had them once and she doesn’t give out the family recipe good thing I guess I’d be 300bls…lol

Posted: 26 June 2012 08:24 PM   [ # 5 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1060
Joined  2009-04-24

I’ve been able to talk to him every year at the Icast for the past ten years and he’s the nicest guy you’ll ever meet. He talks to me like I’m his best friend. I’m sure every year when he sees Mr. Squirtbait coming he wants to hide but he doesn’t lol lol He will stand there and talk to you as long as you want, all the while signing autographs and taking pictures. He’s really a nice guy and his wife is also unbelievably nice. I’m proud to be his fan.  BH

Posted: 27 June 2012 07:17 AM   [ # 6 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  496
Joined  2012-01-17

Yes he is the real deal.  Not many like him.

Signature 

“May you catch all the fish you’ve told me about.”

‹‹ Injuries      KVD Big Bass Classic TV Show ››