1 2 > 
1 of 2
Congrats JVD
Posted: 01 July 2012 05:23 PM
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3199
Joined  2007-03-17

JVD won today on Green Bay bring in a 23 lb sack.  Pretty cool when they had Uncle Kevin bring out the trophy and put the cheese head on him.  Congrats on the big win and the Classic berth.

Signature 

Eat Sleep and Fish Skeeter

Posted: 01 July 2012 06:48 PM   [ # 1 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3416
Joined  2008-11-12

Congrats JVD!!!!! It was just a perfect one for him to win considering it was his on home water

Signature 

Does sleeping with the fishes equate to basstiality? LOL LOL LOL

Posted: 01 July 2012 07:09 PM   [ # 2 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1062
Joined  2010-07-26

That’s just too cool.  I’m happy for him.

Posted: 01 July 2012 07:43 PM   [ # 3 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1808
Joined  2009-09-27

thats awesome. grats JVD

Posted: 01 July 2012 09:21 PM   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5487
Joined  2007-03-04

Awesome day on the water for JVD. Congrats on his 1st Elite win!

Signature 

Posted: 01 July 2012 11:12 PM   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1866
Joined  2008-06-28

Its nice to see any 1st timer win, especially someone with family shoes to fill as big as his.

I have to mention this though cos it just reminded me of something that was a debate stirred by another Elite a few years back. I was following the blog and they reported that KVD called JVD around noon while he was still blanked and reminded him to go try another location. Shortly after he hung up he moved there. Now I got busy and cant say for sure he caught his fish there and regardless thats a moot point. Ive been out before and be on a spot with someone and he’ll wack him and I cant buy a bite. So regardless if you get a tip like hey go try here. You still have to put fish in the boat. And anyone who followed this tournament closely know for every active school there was several that was spooked or not responsive.

So bottom line good job JVD!!!

Signature 

“Formley Known As Miller Time”

Posted: 02 July 2012 12:54 PM   [ # 6 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1835
Joined  2008-03-26

It was a cool moment. I was at the weigh-in, we were sitting behind Brandon Paulinuks sister wow, anyway. After it was all over during the Hooked Up segment KVD was standing there watching and I shook his hand and said congrats for him and JVD and you could tell he was as proud as could be. Very special moment for that family.

Signature 

when in doubt swing it

Posted: 02 July 2012 03:42 PM   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-04
Miller Time - 01 July 2012 11:12 PM

Its nice to see any 1st timer win, especially someone with family shoes to fill as big as his.

I have to mention this though cos it just reminded me of something that was a debate stirred by another Elite a few years back. I was following the blog and they reported that KVD called JVD around noon while he was still blanked and reminded him to go try another location. Shortly after he hung up he moved there. Now I got busy and cant say for sure he caught his fish there and regardless thats a moot point. Ive been out before and be on a spot with someone and he’ll wack him and I cant buy a bite. So regardless if you get a tip like hey go try here. You still have to put fish in the boat. And anyone who followed this tournament closely know for every active school there was several that was spooked or not responsive.

So bottom line good job JVD!!!

If KVD actually called JVD during the tournement, then that is a rules violation.

Signature 

Posted: 02 July 2012 04:00 PM   [ # 8 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-06-28

http://www.bassmaster.com/blogs/2012-green-bay-challenge-live-blog?page=1

Scroll down and you will find this…............

KVD checking on JVD

10:54 am CDT, Jul 1, 2012 |

By Dennis Tietje

While we were videoing Jonathon VanDam, the phone rang. It was Kevin VanDam asking if JVD had gone to fish in the harbor where the water was clearer.

It needs to be emphasized that Kevin is working with us in the War Room today, and cannot offer any advice to his nephew, or anyone else in the field for that matter. Kevin simply wanted to know where Jonathan had been fishing Sunday morning. No competitor can talk to anyone while on the water except B.A.S.S. officials.

Not long after, JVD cranks up and runs 5 miles south, then spins the boat around and heads north to the harbor.

Wow! Great minds think alike.

We’ll see how it works out. He still doesn’t have a fish in the boat.

Signature 

Posted: 02 July 2012 04:03 PM   [ # 9 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-06-28

I want to say that Im not taking anything away from what JVD did. I simply just rembered Ish making some comments and we discussed here for awhile about the use of cell phones during tournaments. I do not know the rules but even if he cant off any advice it kinda sounds like he did and they are letting it pass. But then again, how many times do you see a NBA All-Star travel, a top NFL WR push off, a All-Star pitcher get calls on the corners that #3, #4 guys in the rotation dont get?

Signature 

Posted: 02 July 2012 04:36 PM   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-04
Miller Time - 02 July 2012 04:00 PM

http://www.bassmaster.com/blogs/2012-green-bay-challenge-live-blog?page=1

Scroll down and you will find this…............

KVD checking on JVD

10:54 am CDT, Jul 1, 2012 |

By Dennis Tietje

While we were videoing Jonathon VanDam, the phone rang. It was Kevin VanDam asking if JVD had gone to fish in the harbor where the water was clearer.

It needs to be emphasized that Kevin is working with us in the War Room today, and cannot offer any advice to his nephew, or anyone else in the field for that matter. Kevin simply wanted to know where Jonathan had been fishing Sunday morning. No competitor can talk to anyone while on the water except B.A.S.S. officials.

Not long after, JVD cranks up and runs 5 miles south, then spins the boat around and heads north to the harbor.

Wow! Great minds think alike.

We’ll see how it works out. He still doesn’t have a fish in the boat.

IMO, that falls into a major “gray area” although KVD didnt break any rules violation. I know this wont sit well with the other Elite anglers in competition the final day.

Signature 

Posted: 02 July 2012 07:38 PM   [ # 11 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4256
Joined  2011-02-28

if KVD did Call JVD and remind him of fishing clearer water is not kosher. what would stop a pro from having 8-10 guys on the lake and when they find active fish, call him up and he goes running. not the way the sport was meant to be played. If anone knows the rules it’s KVD and i am sure he is fully aware of the info sharing rules.  their are 2 sides to the story and until both sides are heard, congrats JVD!

Signature 

Posted: 02 July 2012 07:57 PM   [ # 12 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-06-28

I say congrates to JVD regardless. If Aroldis Chapman tells Albert Pujols Im giving it to you straight and down the middle. Pujols still has to put the bat on the ball and keep it fair. Not so easy with 100+ mph heat.

Signature 

Posted: 02 July 2012 09:04 PM   [ # 13 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1989
Joined  2009-02-17

Congrats to JVD. Although the whole call thing reminded me about Ish saying if you wanted to really take away unfair advantages, they’d confiscate phones & monitor GPS cards to make sure guys aren’t getting extra help out there.

Signature 

Posted: 15 July 2012 02:10 PM   [ # 14 ]
Hawg
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  192
Joined  2010-03-06

KVD did not call JVD, he called the crew following JVD ” While we were videoing Jonathon VanDam, the phone rang. It was Kevin VanDam ASKING if JVD had gone to fish in the harbor where the water was clearer”  Simple misunderstanding

Posted: 15 July 2012 05:14 PM   [ # 15 ]
Bass Master
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4256
Joined  2011-02-28
live2fish95 - 15 July 2012 02:10 PM

KVD did not call JVD, he called the crew following JVD ” While we were videoing Jonathon VanDam, the phone rang. It was Kevin VanDam ASKING if JVD had gone to fish in the harbor where the water was clearer”  Simple misunderstanding

See, 2 sides

Signature 

1 2 > 
1 of 2