I fished it today. Lost a little paint on the nose on the lead in the rocks, but that was expected. I didnt expect the paint to adhere to the lead as well as the blank. The blade held up great. I just used rustoleum all purpose outdoor spray paint. Shot the bait yellow then hit it on the head with orange. Stuck the end of a nail in some white paint I had in the garage and made the eye. Sharpee for the pupil. Took about 2 minutes to paint, not counting the time between coats.
Very cool. Thanks for the reminder for me to dig my old ones out and take them with me smallie fishing. I have caught a few fish on them but lacked confidence in it so I threw it in my spare box in the garage of baits I don’t use. But I am going to dig it out and take it with me to my tournament on St. Clair this coming weekend. Good luck with yours and if you find a pattern for it, let us know.